Thread: Lotus Notes and Send to Mail as attachment from Excel.

Overclocking Since 1988 nightkhaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Lotus Notes and Send to Mail as attachment from Excel.

Right am I am having a little trouble.

I am writing a VBA program in Excel (access restrictions you know, etc, otherwise I would use something a little more flexiable) and one of the requirements is to zip up a whole lot of files, and then send that zip to the mail program as an attachment.

However, that is the part I am having trouble with. Google is confusing, and althrough there are batch scripts, backends, and everything for every program under the sun BUT Lotus Notes I have yet to find a solution.

The solutions I have found require me to install a program, which will breach the security policy.

So far the ziping part is easy, and involves some very creative use of the Shell Command in Excel.

Now, if all the files that had to go into the Zip file were Excel files I could forget the whole thing and send the file directly, as the File --> SendTo --> Mail Recipiant as Attachment works, however there are some supporting files etc that need to go in PDF format.

Does anyone have any ideas or is implementing this part of the program not feeisable given the current tools I have?

If they were using Microsoft Outlook or something that supported mailto:x@y.com?Attach="C:\test.zip" I would be laughing, but no, it has to be the devil's own Lotus Notes.
    Desktop (Cy): Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.6GHz, Prolimatech Megahalems, Gigabyte X58-UD5, Patriot Viper DDR3 6GiB @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-20 2T, EVGA NVIDIA GTX 295 Co-Op, Asus Xonar D2X, Hauppauge WinTV Nova TD-500, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0, 4x Samsung EcoDrive 1.5TB F2s in RAID 5, Corsair HX 750W PSU, Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos Sport (Custom), 4x Noctua P12s, 6x Noctua S12Bs, Sony Optiarc DVD+/-RW, Windows 7 Professional Edition, Dell 2408WFP, Mirai 22" HDTV

MacBook Pro (Voyager): Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.6GHz, 4GiB DDR2 RAM, 200GB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA 8600GTM 512MB, SuperDrive, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 15.4" Matte Display

HTPC (Delta-Flyer): Intel Core 2 Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Zotec GeForce 9300-ITX, 2GiB of DDR2 Corsair XMS2 RAM, KWorld PE355-2T, Samsung EcoDrive F2 1.5TB, In-Win BP655, Noctua NF-R8, LiteOn BluRay ROM Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium, 42" Sony 1080p Television

i7 (Bloomfield) Overclocking Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Spock
    I am not our father.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1060
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Re: Lotus Notes and Send to Mail as attachment from Excel.

rename .zip to .piz and then tell recipients to rename it?

That's what I have to do in Lotus Notes.

(And I'm sorry if I have TOTALLY the wrong end of your problem as I have NO idea aout 3/4 of what you've typed. But if I email excel zipped via lotus notes it chucks a wobbler.)

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks

can you not send directly to an SMTP smarthost ?

http://www.paulsadowski.com/WSH/cdo.htm
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick View Post

Interesting. Might be worth a try, however, I would need to be careful using such a method. They need to sign off on the email, which is why I wanted it to be like Send To Mail Recipiant. I'll see if I can revise the specification to account for this.

In the meantime, any other suggestions?
    Desktop (Cy): Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.6GHz, Prolimatech Megahalems, Gigabyte X58-UD5, Patriot Viper DDR3 6GiB @ 1440MHz 7-7-7-20 2T, EVGA NVIDIA GTX 295 Co-Op, Asus Xonar D2X, Hauppauge WinTV Nova TD-500, 2x WD Caviar Black 1TB in RAID 0, 4x Samsung EcoDrive 1.5TB F2s in RAID 5, Corsair HX 750W PSU, Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos Sport (Custom), 4x Noctua P12s, 6x Noctua S12Bs, Sony Optiarc DVD+/-RW, Windows 7 Professional Edition, Dell 2408WFP, Mirai 22" HDTV

MacBook Pro (Voyager): Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.6GHz, 4GiB DDR2 RAM, 200GB 7200RPM HDD, NVIDIA 8600GTM 512MB, SuperDrive, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, 15.4" Matte Display

HTPC (Delta-Flyer): Intel Core 2 Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, Zotec GeForce 9300-ITX, 2GiB of DDR2 Corsair XMS2 RAM, KWorld PE355-2T, Samsung EcoDrive F2 1.5TB, In-Win BP655, Noctua NF-R8, LiteOn BluRay ROM Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium, 42" Sony 1080p Television

I am not our father.

Thanks

Okay so I don't get any errors when I fill up the CDO configuration, right up until the point when I try and send the thing. I am not sure if there is an SMTP server I can use. I shall have to look into this.

I am not our father.

Thanks
    • b0redom's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • CPU:
      • 3.4Ghz Quad Core i7
      • Memory:
      • 24GB
      • Storage:
      • 3TB Fusion Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nViidia GTX 680MX
      • PSU:
      • Some iMac thingy
      • Case:
      • Late 2012 pointlessly thin iMac enclosure
      • Operating System:
      • OSX 10.8 / Win 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2713H
      • Internet:
      • Be+

Quote Originally Posted by Moby-Dick View Post

+1.

Lotus notes uses and MTA to send mail. Just point your email directly at the SMTP host. You're likely to have to set the From: field etc though.

Thread Information