Thread: Nachi.C Worm hell!

MurphmanL

Nachi.C Worm hell!

Hey guys my uncle has windows xp home edition, and has recently been hit hard by the Nachi.C virus. We have tried many things, virus scanners and particular tools to remove the virus, but to no avail, windows keeps freezing unexpectedly and all programs are unstable... We do not know if the virus is embedded in the hard disk or is on the xp cd, if that is a possibility. No matter what we do we cannot remove it, but we are stuck as he doesn't want to pay money for a new 80 GB Hard disk if the virus is coming from the xp cd, so we thought of downloading a new xp ISO for him and using his serial key, but no lucki# in finding home edition. Finally, i had a bright idea and we have since reformatted to windows ME and as stated on Panda's website, it isnt affected by this disasterous worm! However, my uncle doesnt want to stay with ME forever! any solutions as to what we can try to remove the virus, or at least a way to abolish it or a solution of any kind!!! We are very grateful for any help! Plz respon ASAP! Cheers, MurphmanL

Thanks
    So what happens when you try to reinstall XP?
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

MurphmanL
    the same damn thing, the virus doesnt go away! Panda keeps alerting that the virus is there, and then upon next reboot, panda is knocked out and then everything else becomes unstable nd the OS deteriorates to nothing!

Thanks
    So with ME there are abosulutely no problems?

What do you install after installing XP? If there are any 'home-made' CDs, they may contain the virus.

The most obvious solution would be to install the Hotfix from Microsoft. You should be able to get it from the Microsoft website. Make sure that the first thing you do after after installing XP is install the Nachi and Blaster Hotfixes before connecting to the internet.
    "Well, there was your Uncle Tiberius who died wrapped in cabbage leaves but we assumed that was a freak accident."

MurphmanL
    Ok we'll give it a go cheers 4 the idea mick
    if u have any other ideas tho keep them coming

Thread Information