Thread: Sound Problem - BSOD - DRIVER IRQL

Thanks

Angry Sound Problem - BSOD - DRIVER IRQL

Okay, I have a Shuttle SS40G which has a C-Media chipset which for the life of me I cannot get to work, it used to work fine, then it stopped and I dunno why.

So after trying everything I have so far thought of or read I have now tried doing a windows hardware test, during doing so Windows crashes and I get a BSOD (whup-tee-do)

DRIVER_IRQL-NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

0x000000D1

(0x85000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF7582E44)

cmaudio.sys

I've searched around to see if I can find what I should try but no luck so thought you guys might know. I've already tried many versions of the drivers so I don't really know what I can do now.

Thanks

Re: Sound Problem - BSOD - DRIVER IRQL

Originally posted by Evil Homer
    Okay, I have a Shuttle SS40G which has a C-Media chipset which for the life of me I cannot get to work, it used to work fine, then it stopped and I dunno why.

So after trying everything I have so far thought of or read..........
    Umm, what the exact problem? Everything works fine apart from the sound?

If you have already checked the basics like if its turned on in bios, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them etc, checking on specific forums/faq's, emailing the mobo manufacturers support address etc... then its time for an OS reinstall

Perhaps try poping a spare HD in the case and installing an OS onto that - you would be gutted to waste time reinstalling your main OS just to find it was the onboard chip/connector itself that was dead etc.

Thanks

Re: Re: Sound Problem - BSOD - DRIVER IRQL

Originally posted by Trickle
    Umm, what the exact problem? Everything works fine apart from the sound?

If you have already checked the basics like if its turned on in bios, uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them etc, checking on specific forums/faq's, emailing the mobo manufacturers support address etc... then its time for an OS reinstall

Perhaps try poping a spare HD in the case and installing an OS onto that - you would be gutted to waste time reinstalling your main OS just to find it was the onboard chip/connector itself that was dead etc.
    Well Ive tried the BIOS, tried various driver versions, inc the drivers on the windows update site, searched as many forums and help sites as I can find and have now tried 2 fresh installs.

I would try a spare HDD if I had one but the only one I have is broke.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Sound Problem - BSOD - DRIVER IRQL

Originally posted by Evil Homer
    ...have now tried 2 fresh installs.

I would try a spare HDD if I had one but the only one I have is broke.
    You've gone the whole hog and done an OS reinstall now so no need for the spare HD:

Is the board under warranty? If you have reinstalled the OS and you did the same procedure for getting it up and running from when you first bought the board, then tbh I'ed be looking at emailing support with the aim of getting an RMA.

Actually, I'ed be dusting off my old SBLive PCI card at this point

Thread Information