Recently discovered this tool and it's quite good. Is a free database tool for cataloguing your books, dvds, music and whatever else takes your fancy. I'm slowly adding my books to it. It seems very powerful, if you have the time/knowledge it looks like you can do alot with it.

Currently I'm using it for putting all my books on it and I've added 2 new categories - read and unread - and when entering in new books have entered whether I've read them or not. Once I've sorted them by category I create a Pie Chart with the data (there's only really pie and bar available), giving me a visual representation of how many I've read or have been too lazy not too. This then means I can motivate through wanting to get past half of the chart as read, or 3/4s or whatever. Atleast that's the plan.

Another useful feature I've found is that because it draws data from online, you get the length (amongst other information like directors and actors, useful for if you want a specific film night ) of films, can sort by it, and if you're short on time you can see which is the best film to watch in the time scale. A little thing but I guess I'm just more anal like that It's something I really love, just because of all the little things you can do with it that are useless to normal people

You can enter books via ISBN which is good, all links up to amazon and some other databses. Films with imdb and amazon, and some more that I've not used.

Also, you can create reports (pdf or html) with it, something again I may use for if people ask what DVDs I have, once it's all added I can just give them the list

Link

It takes some time to get used to it and learn it all, I'm still on beginner but the wizards and tips are useful and unintruisve enough not to be patronising. I was a bit overwhelmed at first but soon got used to it as it's fairly similar to most programs.