Thread: easiest way to redirect LR speaker OP to rear surround?

Thanks

easiest way to redirect LR speaker OP to rear surround?

Just to make life easier for parties outside, I'm looking for a way to redirect the primary sound channels on my AN7 board to the rear speaker outputs
    I've had a little fiddle with the reference drivers from ALC, which are quite handy and you can fiddle with the audio routing - but it's something impossible to explain to my g/f so she can set it up while I'm cooking.

I've also fiddled with the Circle Surround II plugin for WMP9, which does the job, but I'm really looking for a free solution.

Any ideas of where to look next? Or any other players which support next/previous track commands in the background, and have native support for audio boost on a per channel basis?

Oh - have used the directx sdk to generate tracks where Rear channels have been boosted, but it quadruples the size of the files, so it's not really viable.

Scotty

Thanks
    Not sure of a software solution, but how about installing another soundcard and use the Output Device selection in WMP9?

Thanks
    Unfortunately I'm using an external surround sound amp - I might just use the line out to a seperate pair which will be just as easy - but I was really looking for a zero cost solution

Thanks
    dunno..think it depends on the sound card u using...may have different solutions

Thread Information