Thread: Can a crashed to failsafe speeds videodriver goback be set to its original clockspeed

Thanks

Can a crashed to failsafe speeds videodriver goback be set to its original clockspeed

Hi ,

I have a Nvidia GTX260 and windows 7and my video driver crashes and ressets to failsafe clock speeds a bit too frequent for my taste.There has to be a way to make it reset to its previous clockspeed instead fo the very low failsafe speed witouth the need for a OS reboot ,is it somehow possible?

I do have it OC'ed and thats most likely the reason it happens but i dont have much of a choice with the current mmo im playing in DX10 ,ever since i started to run it in DX10 i just cant go back to DX9 anymore and until i am financialy able to upgrade a solution like this would mean the world to me

Thanks

Re: Can a crashed to failsafe speeds videodriver goback be set to its original clocks

You have answered your own question the overclock might not be stable, you might need to lower the overclock. As with any overclock you should test for stability. Make sure its not overheating either.

Thanks

Re: Can a crashed to failsafe speeds videodriver goback be set to its original clocks

No m8 that was not the question but a statement.

I already lowered my clocks and it crashes a lot less frequently now,i would like to keep the performance im getting now until i am able to upgrade.The question was if someone knows how it is possible to make the OS not default to these very low failsafe speeds after it restores the driver

I suspect this might turn into a debate about why i dont want to lower my clocks more then i have so i will say that thats is not what this post it about.It is about the question.

Thread Information