Thread: Acorn/RISC help

listen to escape fails :) luap.h's Avatar
    Thanks

Acorn/RISC help

We have an old custome written game that used to run in the museum I work for, it allowed visitors to construct and race bikes

I have used Omniflop to recover the data and I am trying to use an Acorn emulator to run the software.

Unfortunately I have had no success, with errors of Bad Name and Illegal module headers (or words to that effect)

Can anyone test an .adl file and see if everything has transferred across ok?

The disk was labelled "Transport ADFS 1.6MB squashed using !squash"

Thanks for any help,
    Paul

Thanks

Re: Acorn/RISC help

!squash was the equivalent of today's zip programs, so even if you have a perfect disk image, you'll still need to unsquash the data for it to be usable.

!Squash should be easily available from some of the old Acorn sites I'd imagine.

When you say "recover the data" was the disk damaged?
    ADFS 1.6MB was pretty crappy when it came to errors sadly. You could only use 1.6MB on HD disks, and if you had bad sectors on these, you were pretty much screwed.

You could try ADFS Explorer

I would offer to test it for you, but I'd need to dig my Acorn out from my parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

listen to escape fails :) luap.h's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Acorn/RISC help

When I said recover, what I meant was, figure out a way to get an old Acorn floppy disk into a format that would work with an emulator! I think I managed to do that ok. When I "load" the disk into the emulator (RedSquirrel) I can seen it comes up as !Transport.

I can browse the files ok, there seems to be a few text files with code and then in other folders, sprites and pictures etc.

Thread Information