View Poll Results: Who is your folder of the year?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1stRaven

7 41.18%
  • Tattysnuc

7 41.18%
  • Golden_Dragoon

3 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally - The 2010 Hexus Foldies!

Now with added Ruffus Dog Tattysnuc's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Tattysnuc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 570X Strix F
      • CPU:
      • 3900X @ Stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Rysen C18 Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2x 1TB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2080 ti under Bykski water
      • PSU:
      • eVGA 850W
      • Case:
      • TT Core 5
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lg 43"
      • Internet:
      • Utility Warehouse

Finally - The 2010 Hexus Foldies!

Stats are compiled from the Extreme overclocking stats web site. Only those users competing presently are inluded as the whole point of doing these stats was to encourage more folders to join the .... erm ... fold! Apologies if you are missing, but if you were still folding you would be included.

January Golden_dragoon (129921 points)
    saw in a new year with 18 active folders carrying the banner for Hexus. Topping the pile was Golden_Dragoon who contributed 129921 points to narrowly beat delibes to the umber 1 spot. Golden_Dragoon contributions amount to 4191 PPF or 25.54% of the 18 active folders Hexus score.

February Golden_dragoon (113384 points)
    saw Golden_Dragoon continue as the number 1 contributor maintaining the points production (4049 ppd) which netted him 113384 points in Feb or 30.54% of the points amassed by the Hexus now only 16 strong folding fraternity.

March Golden_dragoon (217394 points)
    now and the number of folders again tumbles as 2 more fall by the way side leaving only 14 standing. As if answering the call to arms Golden_Dragoon increases his effort and production now tops 7012 ppd netting him 42.65% of the points produced. Rumours are afoot at Hexus hq about whether or not the team should be named Golden_Dragoon!

April Golden_dragoon (203892 points)
    now, and for the first time, the slump in active users appears to have halted with the addition of the_wheelhouse to the folding ranks. Unfortunately Golden_Dragoon is now well and truly marching on and pumps out a now near boring 6796 ppd to amass 203892 points or 52.20% of the points. Is there no stopping this folding machine????

May Tattysnuc (150626 points)
    .... wait? what's this? The wheelhouse has gone! Step in a new challenger... Tattysnuc? Apparently bored having accomplished reaching a top 200 place for Bit-tech, and looking for a new challenge, folding numbers remain static at 15, allowing Tattysnuc as débutante to snatch the number 1 folder with a measly 4858 ppd or 150626 points, or 30.81% of the Hexus points.

June Tattysnuc (385651 points)
    A new standard is set for the year as the number of folders again dips, this time to 14. The wheelhouse is back, but gone are Hibby and Agent_Work. Tattysnuc leaves on his media server machine for a bit longer this month and pumps out a new record for the year of 12855ppd which accounts for 60.64% of the points that month contributed to Hexus. Monopoly anyone?

July Tattysnuc (596831 points)
    Knowing full well what was needed to get number 1 last month, Tattysnuc engages a second machine to start pumping out the points, registering a then massive 19252 ppd which accounts for 62.99% of Hexus' monthly production. Folding numbers register a marked increase in July with the forum like a hive of activity, now up to 17. The Repressor, Michael-F and Sair return to the fold, and Greymata starts folding for Hexus for the first time this year. Unfortunately Funkstar and Chris_Mullard fail to register points in July leaving the count up net, but only just

August Tattysnuc (726216 points)
    Golden_Dragoon realising that one of his machines is under performing and bang! is back up to 6620 ppd. However, the arrival of Tattysnuc's new GTX480 proves too strong, and new heights are reached with a dizzy 23426 ppd which now only accounts for 49.13% of Hexus points. Scorched Earth returns to the fold taking contributor numbers up to 18. This are definitely on the up!

September Tattysnuc (673690 points)
    Wow! 23 Folders now! Seems that some thing's got peoples imagination? Could it be the statistics, or just everyone talking to each other. Threads are popping up everywhere as folders old and new "flock" to join. Looks like foldin' at Hexus is alive and well after all! Tatty's daily average drops a little due to machine downtime (read: re-plumbing) in order to prep for a second GTX 480. Why are his GTX 480 and GTX 295 only putting out 2/4rd of their theoretical maximums? Who is this Nibbler fellow? Who does Queelis fold for by day? Tatty's now down a little to 22456 ppd and this accounts for 50.91% of the Hexus points.

October Tattysnuc (724660 points)
    Up to a massive 28 Folders now! Things are really starting to bubble. Too many new and returning folders to list - you know who you are. Welcome! It's not enough to topple Tatty off the number 1 slot for a sixth straight month who almost robotically turns in a respectable 23376 ppd which now represents a meagre 26.15% of the points registered in October. Is there no stopping this man?

November 1stRaven (3574264 points) YES 3 MILLION
    Foul! Red Card! No Fair!
    Can someone pass Tatty his rattle back? It would seem that someone was saving the best till last. Almost out of no-where 1stRaven shoot straight in at number 1 having commandeered several machines from work to fold on. In fact 1stRaven is now one of the hottest user_id's in the folding fraternity with a top ranking production rate, which expedites Hexus rise up the team folding ranks. 1stRaven's 119142 ppd (51.78%) was enough to snatch November's number 1 folder ranking, and at the start of the year folding for 1-2 days would nearly have been enough to grab the headlines. Well done 1stRaven, but like all good knob gags (fnar), can you keep it up?
    In other news, Tatty produces a new record 40819 ppd... What? No-ones interested. Curse you 1stRaven!

December 1stRaven (4221194 points) Only 4 MILLION eh? Boss watching was he?
    To nip in and steal the number 1 slot like that's just not cricket. Wait....What do you mean this is folding. Oh forget it. An article recognising the efforts of all is triggered by an email from 1stRaven (I think?) to a mod, and suddenly Folding is the new black. Membership which once dwindled at 14 now 37 and going strong. Nibblers got a brand new card, and he's not afraid to use it! 1stRaven takes the Xmas number 1 spot (point to date that year) and manages to register a pretty amazing 8299764 points in 2010 eclipsing Tattysnuc's (6211686) and Golden_Dragoon's (2610686) efforts. Amazing stuff! 1stRaven now accounts for 47.85% of Hexus points and a blistering 136168 ppd.

So, who is the folder of the Year? Well YOU should decide from the 3 highest scoring folders of the month:

1stRaven scored the most points in 2010. He also was folder of the month for 2 months and pm's a mod which resulted in the article which got membership up to new heights.

Tattysnuc folder of the month for 6 months (May-October), produces stats, and has generally trying to be the catalyst for continued improved point contribution.

Golden_Dragoon
    Folder of the month for 4 months, and carried the batton quietly putting in very respectable scores. Just kept on going, finally breaching 4million points in December.

Regarding the subjective votes, thanks to:

Thomson, Legthigh, Nibbler, Terbinator, Englander and 1stRaven for taking the time to compose their thoughts. The results are:

* Most money (I'm excluding what I've done so that the results are impartial, thanks for the recognition though Englander!) - Legthigh. A wapping £600 of his hard earned went toward folding. Respect!

* Most machines/Clients folding - Legthigh has a massive 11 clients running! That's pretty good as I've only got 8 and I'd been top producer for half the year! Keep it up!

* Best Newcoming - joint with 2 votes each - Nibbler and Legthigh! Welcome and well done gents!

* Most recruited - Terbinator (recruited Dan_Rayner and K3vst3r). Well done Terbi! Keep up the good work.

That's it for this year. Please vote on your folder of the year in the poll. Results will be taken and announced (?) in 1 week's time!

Fold on Dudes, and happy new year!
    Last edited by Tattysnuc; 09-01-2011 at 01:22 PM.

2. Received thanks from:

1stRaven (16-01-2011),Legthigh (09-01-2011),nibbler (09-01-2011),scaryjim (11-01-2011),shbris (09-01-2011),Terbinator (09-01-2011)

Thanks
    • 1stRaven's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • I7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Corsair DDR4 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 250Gb Samsung Evo 850 M.2, 2 x Samsung EVO 850 500Gb, Seagate 3tb HDD, 24Tb Unraid Server
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x PNY GTX 1080 FE
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Be-Quiet Dark Pro 900 Silver
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 22" and 1 x Dell U2913WM
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 150Mb

Re: The 2010 Hexus Foldies

Quote Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post

1. "Most money spent " - list of kit YOU'VE bought this year that you actually FOLDING on. Ahem IMO an Exchange server shouldn;t really count unless you've paid for it. Correct me if I'm wrong folks...
    Well, Ok, discount the exchange server, that still leaves another 12 boxes plus the rack and pdu's/ups. Say about £60k+

Ok, maybe not

4. Received thanks from:

Tattysnuc (16-12-2010)

Thanks
    • Tattysnuc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 570X Strix F
      • CPU:
      • 3900X @ Stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Rysen C18 Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2x 1TB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • eVGA 850W
      • Case:
      • TT Core 5
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lg 43"
      • Internet:
      • Utility Warehouse

Hi folks,

as mentioned in the folder of the month thread, I'd like you suggestion for categories for folder of the YEAR

I've suggested

Quantative:
    * Most points per month (The "Works server(s) on loan" award).
    * Most points per year (The "My boss doesn't even check what I do at work" award)
    * Most consistent folder (The "If it aint broke..." Award)
    * Xmas number 1 Folder (The "Xmas-folding-Factor" award).

Subjective:
    * Most money spent (had to get that one in as I'm fairly sure that the fact that I'm broke, maxed out on credit card and new years resolution is not to buy any more computer bits... )
    * Most machines/Clients folding (not sure how to validate that...)
    * Best Newcomer (The "Breakthrough-Folding-Artist" award).
    * Most recruited people to the cause (The "Hexus-Folding-Social-Networking" award)

If you can PM me with your HEXUS folding User_ID and your responses to the subjective ones:

1. "Most money spent " - list of kit YOU'VE bought this year that you actually FOLDING on. Ahem IMO an Exchange server shouldn;t really count unless you've paid for it. Correct me if I'm wrong folks...
    2. "Most machines/Clients folding" - Can you send me the number of clients you've got installed. I'll be cross referencing with your PPD rate for any that appear anomolous...
    3. "Best Newcomer" - Your nominee please. Must be another user in Hexus....
    4. "Most recruited people to the cause" - Who have you recruited. Although TECHNICALLY I think Joshwa can claim that he's pulled in everyone by moderating the forum I'm looking for "I asked Little Johnny to join" and then we see "Little Johnny" in the rankings the following month.

Off to write my Christmas list.

Tatty

just a quick reminder to get your votes in to me via PM. I've got 3 or 4 so far, and I know there's 27 of you actively folding out there...
    Last edited by Tattysnuc; 09-01-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Join the HEXUS Folding @ home team

Registered+
    Thanks
    • thomson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 7200rpm 500GB+1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 260
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 530W
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq G2420HD x2
      • Internet:
      • 40mbps uni internet :P

2. "Most machines/Clients folding" - Can you send me the number of clients you've got installed. I'll be cross referencing with your PPD rate for any that appear anomolous...
    IIRC, thats on the stanford stats page. Updating atm though, so I can't check for about 5 minutes...

Thanks
    • nibbler's system
      • CPU:
      • i5-2410m
      • Memory:
      • 6GB ddr3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Plextor M5S SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB 6650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit

Voted, I'd missed this.
    Join the HEXUS Folding@home Team!!

Thanks
    • Legthigh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
      • Storage:
      • 2x500GB RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT02B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" FLATRON
      • Internet:
      • O2 Broadband

Being new around here, I don't think I can answer some the questions set before me, but can answer the first two
    Should you be interested? Here's what I've been...
    Doing, Playing and Listening to.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • thomson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 7200rpm 500GB+1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 260
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 530W
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq G2420HD x2
      • Internet:
      • 40mbps uni internet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tattysnuc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post
    IIRC, thats on the stanford stats page. Updating atm though, so I can't check for about 5 minutes...

It's on there

Thanks
    • Legthigh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 2x500GB RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT02B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" FLATRON
      • Internet:
      • O2 Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by thomson View Post

It's on there
    Thats telling me that something is not right at my end, I'm counting 12 clients here but its only showing 11 on my page

So cheers for that, I've obviously not got one of them pass-keyed or something, gives me something to do today

Thanks
    • Tattysnuc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 570X Strix F
      • CPU:
      • 3900X @ Stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Rysen C18 Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2x 1TB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • eVGA 850W
      • Case:
      • TT Core 5
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lg 43"
      • Internet:
      • Utility Warehouse

So you good folks know, I'm planning to compile the stats and results of the poll at the weekend.

Thanks
    • Tattysnuc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 570X Strix F
      • CPU:
      • 3900X @ Stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Rysen C18 Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2x 1TB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • eVGA 850W
      • Case:
      • TT Core 5
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lg 43"
      • Internet:
      • Utility Warehouse

Re: Finally - The 2010 Hexus Foldies!

Time for one last vote folks! I couldn't very well declare myself folder of the year by virtue of the fact that I've been folder of the month 6 times, so I thought I'd let you decide from those folders who have won the coveted folder of the month award.

Let's see what you guys (and ladies if we have any!) think...

Thanks
    • 1stRaven's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • I7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 250Gb Samsung Evo 850 M.2, 2 x Samsung EVO 850 500Gb, Seagate 3tb HDD, 24Tb Unraid Server
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x PNY GTX 1080 FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 150Mb

Damm, Did I missed the most clients folding.

Oh well, there is next year. Up to 15 at the moment and will be over 20 in feb hopefully.

Anyway, nice post Tatty!

Thanks
    • Legthigh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 950
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 2x500GB RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT02B-W
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22" FLATRON
      • Internet:
      • O2 Broadband

Thanks for the votes folks, heres to 2011 with higher numbers.

1stRaven - If you have 15 clients, thats more than me dude!

Thanks
    • Tattysnuc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus 570X Strix F
      • CPU:
      • 3900X @ Stock
      • Memory:
      • 32Gb Rysen C18 Corsair
      • Storage:
      • 2x 1TB nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • eVGA 850W
      • Case:
      • TT Core 5
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Lg 43"
      • Internet:
      • Utility Warehouse

just for completeness, the 2010 Hexus folding team comprises:

1stRaven
    Tattysnuc
    DDY
    Golden_Dragoon
    Michael-F
    michaelthomson
    Legthigh
    Nibblerhex
    shbris
    Repressor
    K3VST3R
    ...SiM...
    Terbinator.Hexus
    splash
    scaryjim
    Mouse_Launcher
    peter-b
    0iD
    Madafwo
    hibby
    Sair
    B0FHY
    hexus-joshwa
    lego_batman
    stringent
    The_Wheelhouse
    brophis
    Queelis
    Rob_norb17
    alsenior
    GreyMata
    Funkstar
    jiff
    Philip.Addis
    jdcockrill
    Agent_Work
    blackmage2k3
    will_m_08
    ChrisMullard
    DanRayner
    delibes
    ScorchdEarth
    PaulHampson

Well done to all! Fold on!

I'm Very Important
    Thanks
    • Domestic_Ginger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X2 550
      • Memory:
      • 4GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • F3 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550vx
      • Case:
      • NZXT beta evo
      • Operating System:
      • W7
      • Monitor(s):
      • G2222HDL

Ashamedly I have not contributed any points at all but willl vote none the less.

No matter what the outcome I would like to say a big thank you to Tatty for all his work in keeping us up to date and publishing the stats. Hell; even I want to fold now!

17. Received thanks from:

Tattysnuc (09-01-2011)

Thanks
    • nibbler's system
      • CPU:
      • i5-2410m
      • Memory:
      • 6GB ddr3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Plextor M5S SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1GB 6650M
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit

Do it then?
    Join the HEXUS Folding@home Team!!

Thanks
    • 1stRaven's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • I7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x PNY GTX 1080 FE
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 150Mb