Thread: DHCP reservations Server 2008R2

Thanks

DHCP reservations Server 2008R2

I fear that have accidently deleted a reserved IP address from my DHCP list whilst trying to install a new printer!
    Now this new printer doesn't show up in the DHCP list at all, and I'm wondering if this is because the DHCP still recognizes the mac address of the device? and hence cant install the printer at all.

i'm completely lost on what I need to do to get the printer to show up and install?

i wonder if any of you guys could shed some light on what to do?

thanks in advance
    Paul
    [IMG]http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/firekills/images/content/article/2006-campaign.jpg

Splash

Re: DHCP reservations Server 2008R2

Deleting the reservation won't stop the printer receiving a DHCP address, it just won't necessarily receive the address you expect. Are you not seeing the printer MAC in the DHCP console at all? Tried rebooting the printer?

Thanks

Re: DHCP reservations Server 2008R2

If the printer's reservation has been deleted from the list then the next time that printer goes for a lease, or is rebooted it will pick one out of your DHCP pool, rather than the reservation it used to have.

From the affected printer I'd print off a status report and see what IP address it is being issues (if any) and take your troubleshooting from there.

Thread Information