Thread: windows 7 and xp

Thanks

windows 7 and xp

Hi all

Question here I have two pc's one with xp and the other with win7pro and a laptop with win7lite all three have 'windows update' issues

I have tried various ways to sort this out, I am not asking for help per say but how many other people have these issues

Rgds

Tan

Splash

Re: windows 7 and xp

Might be helpful if you give some indication of exactly what kind of issues: error messages and the like will help us to help you. That said, "Win7Lite"? I'd imagine you're running either a pirate version (in which case you'll get short shrift here) or have used some tool to remove a chunk of Windows (in which case that's probably the reason you're having issues)

Thanks

splash

its the updates that are giving errors they will not update main pc keeps comming up with this message

windows cannot update important files and services while the system is using them. restart then recheck

i just go round and round

its windows home not a pirate

no tools have be used

rgds

Splash

I'm not aware of an official Microsoft release called "Win7Lite" was all...

Usually odd issues with Windows Updates can be resolved by running the System Update Readiness Tool, or by cleaning the update cache as per this - give those a shot and report back. Might be worth taking a look at the Application and System logs on the affected machines too.

Thread Information