Thread: Winamp is twisting my melon, man... How to you change the way it sorts files??

ZaO

Question Winamp is twisting my melon, man... How to you change the way it sorts files??

I spent so bloody long tagging all my music files yesterday. Now the Winamp library is looking a lot more organized and usable! But I have found an annoying issue with it, still. There are some random tracks about, that while tagged correctly, are separated from their albums. It's not a problem with the tags. It's just that Winamp sorts albums by Track Artist, rather than by Album Artist. It should know they're part of that album and keep them together. It's just so >_< to the extreme! I'm gonna die. Does anyone know how to configure the way it sorts files? I really love using Winamp so I'm determined to sort this out! I tried registering on their forum but it wouldn't let me >_< I searched their forum and plugins for ages and didn't find anything that can help. Maybe I just missed it... Someone help me please

Edit: Think I've found a workaround/solution for anyone that stumbles across this with the same problem. You need to get Winamp to display Album Artist instead of Artist in the main view. There are some buttons to change this just to the left of the search bar which is above your media library and below the eq with the track playing. I saw this before but just didn't notice at the time somehow. Hopefully it's sorted now anyways...
    Last edited by ZaO; 26-10-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks

Re: Winamp is twisting my melon, man... How to you change the way it sorts files??

I signed up so i could get more information on what to change but in the meantime have figured it out so I will explain where I found the option so others know exactly what to do.

Winamp Preferences\Media Library\Local Media\ and uncheck "Use Artist as Album Artist if not available"

Thanks for the info.

3. Received thanks from:

Apex (13-11-2012)

Thread Information