Thread: to upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question.. Windows 8

Registered+
    Thanks

to upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question.. Windows 8

im in the process of buying parts for a new pc build but already have a copy of windows 7.. bought it at a special pre-launch price along with a few more that i sold on ebay for a profit i'm currently an XP user. should i install windows 7 then upgrade to windows 8 or stick with windows 7 and wait for the next version of windows? due in less than 2 years i expect.
    have a desktop pc with non-touch screen.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: to upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question.. Windows 8

The discount at £25 for 8 Pro pushed me to try it, and I found no issues with 8, it takes some getting used to but overall it is a good step forward.

There is not start button but the facilities they have placed in it are enough as a replacement. Try it, £25 is a small amount, a meal out even. Compared to the cost on Windows 7 at release it is peanuts.

Also Windows 8 is much faster at boot and general use. The graphs of the file transfer process and task manager are quite awesome and there are a few other good new features.

It is hard to describe it fully without showing it to you so I would just try it for yourself and get it.
    Last edited by NorBdelta; 27-01-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information