Thread: bsod error

Thanks

bsod error

Hi there, I got a bsod error today, and was pondering on what it was, I checked a "stop error" site and found these details.

"0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    (Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
    A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compability issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade). "

"If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, the service can be removed by starting the system using the Recovery Console and deleting the offending system service file."

those were the problems, I'm unsure of what program could be causing this, any way I can work it out?

Tnx.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MuTTy_Hc
    Hi there, I got a bsod error today, and was pondering on what it was, I checked a "stop error" site and found these details.

"0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    (Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
    A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compability issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade). "

"If the problem is associated with Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party remote control program. If such software is installed, the service can be removed by starting the system using the Recovery Console and deleting the offending system service file."

those were the problems, I'm unsure of what program could be causing this, any way I can work it out?

Tnx.
    Its very hard to say.

What does the event viewer say?

To look in the event viewer :

Right Click on my computer ----> Right Click and select Manage -----> Click on event viewer -----> Select System and look for an "Error" at the time the pc crashed and see if it gives you any more information which might help.

Have you installed any software recently which might be causing the problem or is it a new build ? Any hardware upgrades recently?

Large Member
    Thanks
    Most BSOD's are almost certainly caused by drivers and software that interferes with their operation.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Thanks
    event viewer doesn't say much, other than dcom error. thats on the reboot tho i believe.

Thread Information