Thread: Interenet shutting off then making me do dumb things to get it on.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks

Unhappy Interenet shutting off then making me do dumb things to get it on.

Hi guys. Heres my prob... I am using DSL and i'm going threw LAN on a wired network. I've been getting a real frustrating problem lately. When I turn my computer off and turn it back on I wont get internet. At least all of these things I try work once. I will either disable all my network connections (i.e. Network Bridge), or turn computer off and turn it back on, or go to back of the computer and pull the wire out then back in(lanwire), or I click set up a home or small office network and restarting. All those have worked at least once. I have the latest Drivers for my mobo because it has onboard lan. I am using WindowsXP Pro. I think this might be a wire problem because i've never had this problem before and ever since like around a month ago it was very small where everytime I turn the computer on and I wouldnt get internet so all I had to do was restart but now it doesnt work so easily.

If you chaps need anymore information to have you help me better just reply.

Thanks for the help.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    How are you getting an IP address? Is the network working with DHCP or do you have a statically assigned IP address?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    I have no idea what that means.... sorry but if you could tell me what ya trying to say I could give ya some info.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Alright, everytime I restart my computer I click the set up a home or small office network and then let it do its thing and then the interenet pops back on. Does this mean anything?

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Ok, maybe this helps. Under My Network Places in "View Network Connections", there are 3 things. A thing called 1394 Connection, Network Bridge (Network Bridge) then it says 6(everytime I do the small office network thing, it goes up by one, and then Local Area Connection. Hope this helps!!!

Thanks for your help.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Yea, this is getting to be disturbing. Hope somone can fix it!

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    It seems to be reinstalling your network bridge all of the time.
    I would go in and delete all instances of it, also delete the network connection then start again with setting up the network.
    The best way to do it would be to learn how to do it without the network wizard and use an IP range of 192.168.0.x for your subnet instead of the MS 169 range. In any case try what I suggested with removing the repeats
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

Thread Information