• Silverstone ft01s-w
      • Operating System:
      • win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Alienware Aw2310
      • Internet:
      • BT broadband

tablet faster than pc

Perhaps some of you can help me. I have a pc which is the normal hulking beast i7 930 with 6gb of ram and a hd7970. I recently bought a Samsung galaxy tab pro. The tablet renders full websites and works far faster than the computer does. How can this Happen?

I use chrome and ie on the computer and chrome on the tablet. I use Netflix on both.

Banhammer in peace PeterB kalniel's Avatar
    Thanks
    • kalniel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
      • CPU:
      • Intel i9 9900k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB DDR4 3200 CL16
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Samsung 970Evo+ NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic 600W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF
      • Internet:
      • rubbish

Re: tablet faster than pc

Works faster at doing what? Throw some sums at the computer and it'll be much faster than the tablet, but if you're talking about resuming from standby or loading a browser from solid state memory verses booting up a complex computer and OS and loading from a mechanical disk then the tablet should win every time.

Buy a SSD, install windows 8.1 on it and use the power off/resume to standby options that come with most motherboads and the desktop will be just as fast.

Minister of Silly Walks
    Thanks
    • stilkun's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-B75-D3V (rev 1.1)
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor
      • Memory:
      • Patriot Black Viper 24GB 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 240GB, Samsung 32 GB mSATA, MAXTOR SATAI 250 GB, WD Blue SATA III 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD 7850 OC edition 2 GB
      • PSU:
      • XFX 450w Core
      • Case:
      • AvP Triton Mid Tower PC Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 (64 Bit)
      • Internet:
      • 8 Mbps (1 MBps) Tiscali

I assume that you have an ssd based on your system info under your username, you shouldn't be suffering slower performance on your PC. Check what add-ons, toolbars or extensions you have installed in your desktop chrome as these can take up resources and slow it down. You can run the browser without extension to find out which extension or see the difference affecting the browsers.

Check for viruses or malware lurking as they leech on your system and connect to the internet to download further stuff that can harm or open up your pc for attacks. Check your AV setting is analysing your web browsing or sites you are browsing via plug in as these can slow it down. Install an ad blocking software or extension for web browser as poor designed or website loaded with ads can slow it down.

Don't forget their are mobile site version of websites which aim to conserve data on your data/phone plans so it may appear your tablet load faster on certain site than your PC.

Thanks
    • jjgreenwood's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus p6 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel 930 i7 4.0GHZ
      • Memory:
      • corsair ddr3 1600 6gb
      • Storage:
      • 80gb ssd 1tb samsung f3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • gtx480 sli
      • PSU:
      • corsair 1000w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone ft01s-w
      • Operating System:
      • win 7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Alienware Aw2310
      • Internet:
      • BT broadband

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    Works faster at doing what? Throw some sums at the computer and it'll be much faster than the tablet, but if you're talking about resuming from standby or loading a browser from solid state memory verses booting up a complex computer and OS and loading from a mechanical disk then the tablet should win every time.

Buy a SSD, install windows 8.1 on it and use the power off/resume to standby options that come with most motherboads and the desktop will be just as fast.
    I've already got all that, I'm referring to Web pages.

Quote Originally Posted by stilkun View Post
    I assume that you have an ssd based on your system info under your username, you shouldn't be suffering slower performance on your PC. Check what add-ons, toolbars or extensions you have installed in your desktop chrome as these can take up resources and slow it down. You can run the browser without extension to find out which extension or see the difference affecting the browsers.

Check for viruses or malware lurking as they leech on your system and connect to the internet to download further stuff that can harm or open up your pc for attacks. Check your AV setting is analysing your web browsing or sites you are browsing via plug in as these can slow it down. Install an ad blocking software or extension for web browser as poor designed or website loaded with ads can slow it down.

Don't forget their are mobile site version of websites which aim to conserve data on your data/phone plans so it may appear your tablet load faster on certain site than your PC.
    Thanks mate I'll check my plugins and run a virus check, I use ms essentials for virus check so assume that would pick up Anything?

Minister of Silly Walks
    Thanks
    • stilkun's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-B75-D3V (rev 1.1)
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor
      • Memory:
      • Patriot Black Viper 24GB 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 240GB, Samsung 32 GB mSATA, MAXTOR SATAI 250 GB, WD Blue SATA III 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire HD 7850 OC edition 2 GB
      • PSU:
      • XFX 450w Core
      • Case:
      • AvP Triton Mid Tower PC Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 (64 Bit)
      • Internet:
      • 8 Mbps (1 MBps) Tiscali

I don't use MSE as my AV scanner but I heard it is a good AV scanner performing similar to other free AV, it should detect any viruses around. I use avira free edition incase you are interested in what I am using. For malware I suggest Malwarebytes free version to find any malware and PUP (Potential unwanted program) software installed or lurking around.

Thread Information