Thread: Feedback On My New Venture..

Web Extraordinaire
    Thanks

Feedback On My New Venture..

Hey

Just wanted to know first impressions on my new venture/site before i go and fill the thing with content.. Basically i just wanted to make a sort of portfolio of things i can do for people to view when the want graphics/sites doing. Also there will be a none flash version when finished

So what you think?
    http://www.seamlessgraphics.co.uk/

Cheers
    RealM

Thanks
    very tasty matey

couple of critiques tho
    1. The vertical scan lines in the background dont seem to tile properly, every 200 pixels or so the dark band is double the width.
    2. The rollover effect on the navigation bar has the text changing size, which is a bugbear of mine. I'd change it so it bolds/changed colour etc. although i realise its Flash so changing it is probably going to be a pain in the arse.
    3. The left and right columns dont seem to have a margin, so the text is butted up right against the edge which is a bit unsightly.

aside from thos small things, its a nice clean, well exceuted design *thumbs up*

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    You're selling web design and yet you're using tables for layout. That's a no no. Also, I can't imagine Macromedia being too happy at you ripping off the logos from Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Flash. Finally, you're using Flash for the menu and it's not needed and in addition will exclude anyone without the plugin or with motor function disabilities as they can't tab between the options

The graphics are nice and the layout is clean and simple, you just need to put some more thought into the code you're using

Web Extraordinaire
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input guys all noted.. I have thought about some of these things also and will be rectifying these...You see i am not the coder in this little project so will be passed to the man that knows what to do.. I am just the design guy here really and he can sort that out after the design is all sorted... although i plan to learn someday soon

Thread Information