Thread: Cannot install Nvidia Driver

Thanks

Cannot install Nvidia Driver

I recently formatted my c drive with Windows 8.1 pro 64bit. After the windows installation, I had trouble installing the motherboard drivers. The installation of most of those drivers required a reboot: I would click to restart, the computer would shut down but it would never actually start again. All I was getting was a black screen. I tried several times to restart and I couldn't. I tried to go into safe mode and that also didn't work. I figured all I could do was refresh and I did. While doing so, I disabled auto updates and auto "driver installation (or something like that)". Once I saw my desktop again, i shut down my system (I had to sleep). The next day I started my computer and immediately started installing the motherboard drivers: all went well. I saved the nvidia driver for last: Just as soon as the installation started, the screen went black! I tried restarting (with the restart button) and windows just wouldn't start. I accessed safe mode and managed to install the driver (while in safe mode). Even after that windows wouldn't start normally. I accessed safe mode again to uninstall the driver. After that, I rebooted and windows started normally. Still, I need to install the nvidia driver! Any ideas on how I accomplish that? Thanks to everyone, in advance!
    If it matters at all, this is my system:
    Mb: Gigabyte ga-z68xp-ud4
    Cpu: Intel core i5 2500
    Gpu: Nv gf GTS 250 512mb
    Ram: 12gb
    Hdd: 7200rpm mechanical Hitachi drive (500gb)
    Psu: Thermaltake Smart 730w

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Cannot install Nvidia Driver

Hi DNP17,

Have you tried using different nVidia drivers?
    Try using Driver Sweeper or something to remove any old nVidia files and then try installing a different driver. During the driver installation, make sure you select "Clean install" as well.

Also, virus scanners can affect your graphics driver installation sometimes, so I recommend that you temporary disable it before you install the drivers.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Refious; 10-05-2014 at 02:22 AM.

Thread Information