Thread: Dll error on loading Sage 50 accounts - SBDDesktop.exe - ondemandconnroutehelper.dll

Thanks

Dll error on loading Sage 50 accounts - SBDDesktop.exe - ondemandconnroutehelper.dll

Faulting application name: SBDDesktop.exe, version: 12.1.586.0, time stamp: 0x5645f50c
    Faulting module name: ondemandconnroutehelper.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578990e5
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00002b20
    Faulting process ID: 0x13cc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d211fa8a06d2f6
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage SBD\SBDDesktop\v12\SBDDesktop.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ondemandconnroutehelper.dll
    Report ID: 0b0ba63a-5d41-4bfe-8af2-af1807c6d03a
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, updated. (Brand new hard drive and a separate physical installation ISO I downloaded from Microsoft)
    This problem happens when trying to open Sage 50 accounts application and was copied from event viewer.

I've tried regsvr32 and this fails with the message: "The module "ondemandconnroutehelper.dll" was loaded but the entry point DLL registry server was not found
    Make sure that ondemandconnroutehelper.dll is a valid DLL or OCX file and try again

My next course of action is to download the redistributable .net 4.6 file from Microsoft. Although I'm not sure where ondemandconnroutehelper.dll comes from or is housed.

The install of Sage 50 was done with AVG installed. I might try uninstalling AVG all together and try uninstall and re-install of Sage 50.

What other options would you try?
    Last edited by MrComputerSaint; 21-09-2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: AVG was the problem

Thanks

Re: Dll error on loading Sage 50 accounts - SBDDesktop.exe - ondemandconnroutehelper.

first thing I would do is call sage support as that's what they are there for and they are professionally paid experts on stuff like that and may have experienced similar problems before and can tell you straight away what to do

Thanks

Re: Dll error on loading Sage 50 accounts - SBDDesktop.exe - ondemandconnroutehelper.

With the previous error, the customer tried that. They found the problem dll file was a MS DLL file and said to re-install .net 4.6 or contact MS, reinstall windows, format etc.

I will try, but looking at their [Sage] website and KB I'd be told the same thing.

Thanks

if it's not your system, shouldn't the customer be getting in touch with sage themselves? as middleman it's a nightmare unless you have remote access to do it yourself and call the support whilst doing it. rather than using the website, this sounds like a phone the helpline issue

Thanks

Found the problem. It was AVG. Even when I disabled AVG it wasn't really disabled. Needed to uninstall it. Reset windows and install the software without AVG.

Thread Information