Thread: OBS software with 2 PC stream setup and Elgato HD60 pro

Thanks

OBS software with 2 PC stream setup and Elgato HD60 pro

Hello everyone.

This is technically software based at the moment but I guess someone might point out a physical hardware issue but we shall see!

I have two PC's

Main PC I game on, I stupidly installed the Elgato on this, thinking I would then had a Laptop as a secondary stream system but this obviously turned out wrong, so had previously had software installed but removed later.

The second PC has the Elgato card in, the software installed and OBS setup fully.

Everyone was fine until around the 26/06/2018 from the looks of things. As last week someone mentioned had I intentionally turned the stream sound of which I hadn't ofc.

When I look at my stream, it seems am fine on the 23rd, dont stream for a few days and then everything is just soundless straight away

For the life of me I cant figure out where the problem is.

Am planning to order a new DP to HDMI cable as currently I have a HDMI/HDMI with a DP converter which does feel very flimsy. Other than that, I cant for the life of me get the stream PC to pick up my sounds.

The stream system picks up Utube sounds, pc sounds no issues and OBS reflects this. Soon as I start my game up, and turn everything else off on the streaming PC, the sound goes dead again.

Anyone got any bright idea's?

Happy to provide screenshots of sound settings etc if anyone thinks they can help.

Cheers

Beard

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: OBS software with 2 PC stream setup and Elgato HD60 pro

Cable sounds a good place to start. Did you install any updates to the software around the time the problems started?

I only use OBS on a Macbook with a BMD HDMI/SDI to display port adaptor so I cant really help with the Elgato card.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thread Information