Thread: GeForce Drivers

Thanks

GeForce Drivers

Hey all, i'm just wondering what GeForce drivers you are all using at the moment, I am on the 44.03 drivers and they seem to be good all round, should I be looking at any other drivers? I'm running a GeForce 3 Ti200 @ 230/470.

The 43.03's are the latest certified drivers but is there any major advantage to upgrading to uncertified newer drivers? anything like a 500% increase in perfomance, but only for GF3 Ti200's?

Thanks
    The speed of drivers only usual varies a few FPS from release to release at most.
    I know the 3x.xx range were reported to be best for GF3's, but Ive also heard a few people say they have had issues with them and the latest games. I allays stick with the latest, I'm happy to sacrifice a few fps to be able to play all my games flawlessly
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    Yeah the problem i've had for years has been Half-Life/ it's mods, and alt-tabbing, alt tab from game (or hit that ******* windows key accidentally) and you come back to either no sound or screwed up gfx etc, the sound issue was fixed when i got this mobo a while back but i've also had the bottom half of the screen flickering stupidly after an alt tab, these drivers seem to have fixed all of it

I can now alt-tab out of Half-Life in peace and resume where I left off! I only asked incase there were some serious problems with these drivers, which I have had in the past. I think i'll stick with these unless any more issues arise.

Thanks
    To disable the windows ket in win9x, NT, 2000 (not tested on XP yet)

Regedit ->

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Key: System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout
    Name: Scancode Map
    Data Type: REG_BINARY
    Value: 00000000000000000300000000005BE000005CE000000000

You will probably need to create this value, as it is not present by default.
    Copy and paste the values so you dont make typos.
    You'll need to reboot for it to work. To enable it, just delete the key !

Or you can grab win key killer from here (i think you can just put it in your startup folder, and it'll do the rest)

Thanks
    /me runs off to the registry, I don't like all manner of programms clogging up my system so I like to do things myself rather than add another program to the startup lol

Thanks
    My best efforts, doesn't seem to do anything, may be because i am running winXP though

Thanks
    Originally posted by LoopyJuice
    /me runs off to the registry, I don't like all manner of programms clogging up my system so I like to do things myself rather than add another program to the startup lol
    Same here
    You might like this then for a simply and quick way to see where things are starting up and disabling them with a touch of the mouse .
    More powerfull than msconfig

Thanks
    I did have somone tell me it worked, although i dont really trust there word as id didnt know them. Ill try myself in a bit and tell you if ive had any sucess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    ok then, hmm i'll take a look at that problem, I don't think it will be of huge use however because I know everything that starts up with my system and if I don't want it to, it doesn't hehe, havning said that I am somewhat a perfectionist when it comes to my pc and I only have apps etc that i really do need on, no rubbish here

Thread Information