Thread: Adobe... why oh why...

Thanks

Adobe... why oh why...

Can't they produce a package that does everything?

Premiere Pro gives me plenty of options with still images and some fairly decent options with video, even if the transitions are a little... uninspired. However, there's absolutely sod all in the way of options for text, in fact there's nothing for text at all (other than manipulating text layers from a photoshop files, or a 'Title').

After Effects has lots of fancy animated text, lots of nice effects for video, etc but creating fluid transitions between assets is a complete nightmare, not to mention output files are ridiculously huge. It would be fine if I could lay files on the timeline as you do in Premiere but noooo, have to make it all complicated.

How about merging the two for gods sake?

Anyone any tips? Simple things like fade in / out between two assets in AE drives me insane.

Thanks
    Well they just bought out Macromedia...so expect some combined package bringing everything ever together in a couple of years...
    Twigman

Thanks
    And just to add, every movie I render in After Effects (despite what codec I use) comes out looking like ass. Even with every setting ramped up

Thanks
    All the main Adobe products can be bought together as Adbobe CS (creative studio). But it costs a bomb.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_dom
    All the main Adobe products can be bought together as Adbobe CS (creative studio). But it costs a bomb.
    Kind of irrelevent to the discussion

I want an app that gives me the effects of After Effects, but the simplicity of the timeline from Premiere as well as it's simple transitions.

The problem with After Effects for example; you have two images and you want one image to fade into the next after a set period of time. In Premiere you just drag both images into the timeline next to each other and drag the cross disolve transition in the middle of them. Works perfectly. In After Effects though, the timeline only stacks upwards (ie, you can't put things directly next to each other) and creating the same effect is a complete ballache (at least for me it has been, anyone knows a simpler way then let me know).

Unfortunately what would be a simple job in Premiere is complicated and time consuming in AE, also Premiere has no text effects and AE's output files are ridiculous in size for anything of decent quality. This then requires me to encode them again in Premiere so I can have a reasonable file size.

It's catch 22. Use Premiere and get the job done simply and quickly but with limited effects and nothing in the way of animated text. Or use AE which would take forever thanks to it's complicated system and stupid file sizes but create a better looking product.

Thanks
    No matter what anyone says don't ever use Pinnacle!

But yes, Premiere Pro is a bit of an arse. "Hey, lets add the word 'Pro' onto the end and change the GUI slightly then it won't matter how crap it is because all the 'pros' will be too embarassed to complain about not being able to do a proper transition"

Thanks
    Premiere is fine for putting everything together and encoding the final output file. However it just sucks for decent looking effects... the kind of effects you can achieve in After Effects but can't import into Premiere without messing about!

Thread Information