Hi!

I've currently got a mythtv machine, acting as front & backend on my network, an nslu2 device with a couple of hard drives, spare computers, spare disks spare allsorts. But i'm trying to decide how to set it all up! (Am thinking of upgrading the nslu2 to a thecus n5200 though.)

The mythtv box i've been using and have decided its great! I want to keep using it so i need to do something with getting it backed up onto one of the nslu2 disks. Its going to get put onto a faster machine, its currently running on some 1.4Ghz machine wih 256mb. I plan to put a couple of small machines around the house acting as a front end here, or something.

or I can turn the mythtv box into a file server too, but then I need to figure out and be competent with backing that up.

I guess my question is, how would you set all this up? not after a techy response, i can search for that, more info on other options i've not explored yet and ideas on getting it all working together. I've thought about running linux as a virtual machine and streaming the tv card signal in over tcpip into it. Could then have the windows portion running sql etc. I think my main concern is backup up if I went over to a linux server, upgrading hd's etc etc. Windows I know well.

and all this is in preperation for getting my ridiculously small music collection (i've only converted 2 cd's so far as I can't decide on which format!) streamed over the house, and hopefully getting my dvd's doing the same. Would WMCE be a good choice here? Should i be looking at squeezeboxes here or something else for the music? I've just read the thecus n5200 can run a slim server.

Any ideas?

Nox