last night i decided i would let my computer defrag while i slept... not a bad plan i thought. wake up in the morning, turn on monitor, a nice blue screen of death regarding some windows stack error, ah well i think, turn it off and goto college...

come home, turn on pc, log in "applying personal settings..." or whatever that screen says, but normally it says it for about 1 second and windows loads, oh no, not in this case.. i sat there for a while, and it told me it could not find the resources allocated to my username (or words to that effect), click ok, so i did.. another message tells me i've been logged in under a 'temp' account... hmm getting a bit confused now, get into windows, and have a look at c:\documents and settings\ and Administrator is renamed to Administrator.bak... and now most of my sounds are all muffed up (get an awful noise when i click a link or something) so i'm copying across what i think is useful and i will format and reinstall later, just such a waste of time, only good thing is that i have broadband so downloading all the drivers and stuff wont take too long its just a hassle i would rather forgo...

rant over.

Mark