Thread: SiSoftware Sandra Lite XI.SP1 Won't Work nor Uninstall

Registered+
    Thanks

Angry SiSoftware Sandra Lite XI.SP1 Won't Work nor Uninstall

Hey,

I am currently running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Edition. A friend suggested I give Sandra Lite a go to test my systems stability (i was having issues with some dodgy ram). I went on their website and it said it supports Vista and also has a 64-bit version, so naturally I downloaded it. After downloading and installing it, when I attempted to run it I just kept getting the error message:

The "Help" button does nothing, you click it and nothing happens. Their software already seems highly unprofessional. God knows why they make a Help button which does nothing.. lol.

Looking on their website I managed to find a bit where it talked about updating the Microsoft Jet Engine... Jet Engine????? Gave up then and decided its time to uninstall this and look for something better.

Secondly, it created a Icon in the Control Panel. (You may question why I mention this, but ill explain further on):

So I went to the control panel to try and uninstall it. Everything seems straight forward at this point. I clicked the uninstall button.

And so the uninstall run, and all seemed well expect this message I got at the end of it:

Usually I take no notice, and assume its a configuration file or a registry setting some where which isnt a real issue.

I continue PC use without a problem till I went back into Control Panel for something. The icon Sandra put in Control Panel has gone but then I noticed something else in control panel, what looks like a blank folder.

Double clicking on it results in the following error message:

I have tried a few things like searched for .cpl files to see if I can find it, but no luck. I know its caused by Sandra Lite because when I install the application again the folder disappears and the normal "Advanced Computer Information" Icon appears. I posted a support ticket on their website hoping to get help but they just closed it without answering it.

This really bothers me to be honest, I spent a few days transferring and setting up my new Vista PC nicely and then this. I know its just an icon in control panel, but its a broken icon which looks out of place and annoying.

Secondly it really does my head in because on their website the program claims to work with Vista and 64-bit systems. My only opionon on this is that this software acts like Malware. Its not removable and its effect wasnt requested nor fixable. Company's software should be classed as Malware by Windows Defender if it is uninstallable.

Was wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue, or has any ideas? Sisoft don't seem willing to help.

Many thanks if anyone can

Thanks
    The message from no 4.jpg just means that orphan files have been left behind. If you use explorer (or your file manager of choice), you will prob find the dir that you installed sandra to is still there. Prob something like, c:\windows\program\sandra

There won't be too many files in there, prob just log type files that were created by sandra. Just delete these.

Jpg No 6 error message occurs because you are trying to open something that is not there, ie the sandra prog files (because you uninstalled them).

Don't know why the folder jpg No 5 is there, but it is a plain folder because the icon ass. with it has been uninstalled. Prob this will dissappear when you delete the c:\windows\program\sandra directory. If not use crapcleaner and/or regscrub (if they have vista vers).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Has it left a .cpl file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder (or whatever the 64-bit equivalent is... I can't remember, and my current Vista system is just on a Core Duo (only x86).

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    Has it left a .cpl file in the C:\Windows\System32 folder (or whatever the 64-bit equivalent is... I can't remember, and my current Vista system is just on a Core Duo (only x86).
    I did a search (including: non-indexed, hidden and system files) and it found two main locations for .cpl files (it also some in like cab files in different languages lol)

The only one that looks out of place is RTSnMG64.cpl which looking in google is my sound cards control panel applet. Other than that everything looks fine :\

(This is with Sandra currently installed)

Registered+
    Thanks
    Just thought I'd post that I finally got through to SiSoft and they provided the following solution (incase someone else ever has the same issue)

Here is the solution.

What happens is that the uninstaller does not delete the key itself but just the added values; generally we try not to delete whole keys. You just need to delete the whole key:

1. Run RegEdit

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace

3. Select {C3113E55-7BCB-4de3-8EBF-60E6CE6B2097} and delete it.

That's it.

Best regards,

SiSoftware Team
    http://www.SiSoftware.net

Thanks
    Thanks.

Thread Information