Thread: Why un ban me on Corsair forums

Thanks

Why un ban me on Corsair forums

The post is closed so I can't post there.

I am not on anything. It looks that way because the moderator deleted the post to which I responded thus making me look stupid. I have a saved copy and if the moderator does not amend it I will take further action.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Re: Why un ban me on Corsair forums

There are only two deleted messages in that thread, one from a spammer, the other where you've quoted the spammer?

Nothing relating to the issue at hand was deleted from the thread? Would you care to PM me what you think was deleted?

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC

Saracen has given an explanation of his action in the thread you linked here; http://forums.hexus.net/solid-state-...ml#post2336709

For clarity the only posts that have been deleted in that thread are a spammers post and your one word reply(we always delete replies to spam, nothing personal). The only other moderator action was the thread lock for the reasons Saracen listed.

As far as I can tell you've never been banned from this section of the forum, your own threads show you've had and continue to have posting abilities in this subsection. If you are referring to corsairs in house forum (http://forum.corsair.com) or another corsair related forum then that is something you will have to take up with corsair or that sites operators directly. We at heXus have no control over them.

If you are having a problem or some grievance with the hexus forums you are going to have to give us more detail. I honestly can't see what you're talking about. We're not looking for an excuse to ban you. To put it bluntly, we don't need an excuse, however we don't ban anyone unless we absolutely have to.

4. Received thanks from:

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

I cannot see where the issue lies here.

As stated by Dave and Chuckskull you quoted someone that was a spammer on the boards. So standard practice is to delete the spam post and ban the spammer not yourself. This was nothing to do with any of your posts, you have done nothing to warrant a ban on the HEXUS forums. It does not make you look "stupid" in any way at all, you quoted a spammer and that user was not going to help you in any way.

What is the issue you are having exactly please? If you can let one of us know either by PM or post here then we may be able to help with your issue or point you in the right direction to someone that can if it is not related to HEXUS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    I cannot see where the issue lies here.

As stated by Dave and Chuckskull you quoted someone that was a spammer on the boards. So standard practice is to delete the spam post and ban the spammer not yourself. This was nothing to do with any of your posts, you have done nothing to warrant a ban on the HEXUS forums. It does not make you look "stupid" in any way at all, you quoted a spammer and that user was not going to help you in any way.

What is the issue you are having exactly please? If you can let one of us know either by PM or post here then we may be able to help with your issue or point you in the right direction to someone that can if it is not related to HEXUS.
    I was responding to the spammer. How was I suppose to know it was a spammer. If the spammer's post was deleted then mine should have been too instead of leading people to post comments such as "what are you on?"

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

Your reply post has been deleted, there is not an issue at all. You wernt to know it was a spammer, that is the point I am trying to get across.

I have edited the post with the "what are you on?" and removed that statement from it, I can see it is upsetting you.

The poster wasnt trying to be inflamatory, its just a bit strange your posts and replies. We arnt sure whats going on. Are you having an issue with a Corsair SSD?

Its the old help us to help you. Try and give as much info as possible or we cant help. We have a great community here that will do their best to help anyone but we need you to be more specific with what your issue is.

Hope this helps

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fadsarmy View Post
    The post is closed so I can't post there.

I am not on anything. It looks that way because the moderator deleted the post to which I responded thus making me look stupid. I have a saved copy and if the moderator does not amend it I will take further action.
    Here's the sequence of events :-

1) The thread you refer to (link) was posted in October 2010.

2) Nobody at all commented until Dec 2011, some 14 months later. That includes you, by the way.

3) Nobody here seems to know what you were on about in your original post. You have not been banned from anything on HEXUS, and the mere fact that you can post in our Corsair forum proves that. But perhaps you need to remember, we are HEXUS, not Corsair. If you've been banned on a Corsair forum, it's nothing to do with us. I didn't even know there was a Corsair forum, if there is.

4) The first response to your thread, some 14 months after you posted it, was Pancake, pointing out that your original comment didn't make much sense. I agree, it doesn't, since if you'd been banned in our Corsair forum, you couldn't have posted the thread in the first place. Pancake was just trying to help, though I can only assume he didn't notice the thread was over a year old.

5) The same day Pancake posted, a moderator (who wasn't a moderator at that time) point out it was a "necro" thread, in other words, a dead thread (over a year old) being revived.

6) Nothing more was added to that thread for more than 2 months more. And by nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, by anyone. And to that point, nothing at all has been deleted.

7) Then, yesterday, a "spammer" posted. Within 5 minutes of that post, you quote it and add the single word "chinese".

The spammer post was a reference to "Folder\Dropbox\...... " and a text file.

So your post simply quoted that, and added "chinese".

8) We delete spammer posts. That is board policy, always has, and isn't going to change. It is nothing different for you.

9) The Admin that deleted the spammer post did it within 5 minutes of the spam post. Meanwhile, you quoted it. He did not see your post. It was a simple cross-over between you posting while he was deleting.

10) After the spammer post has been deleted, you posted "looking for an excuse to ban me on here".

11) 13 minutes later, Blueball saw that post, and pointed out nobody is trying to ban you.

12) 30 minutes or so after that, I saw the thread. I deleted the post where you quoted the now-deleted spam post and added "chinese" - a comment that, by the way, appears to also be entirely meaningless.

Your post was deleted because board policy is that when we delete a spam post, we delete copies and quotes of it too.

IF a copy or quote post contains other useful information, we'd delete the spam part and leave the rest. If the post doesn't add anything to the thread, we simply delete the post because leaving it not only defeats the point deleting spam, but makes the reply look senseless because the bit it's quoted has gone.

I would have deleted that post regardless of who made it, and that includes if it had been by other mods, admins or the board owner because it quite clearly was a cross-post.

13) I find it curious that, 5 minutes after a spammer posts, in a thread you haven't commented on for 14 months, that you manage a quote.

14) The triggers would use to identify the spammer indicate a large number of issues, and the references are not just flagged as spammer, but as toxic, too.

15) Now, this ....

in this thread.

We are not undeleting spammer posts, or the responses to it. However, if you're concerned about the thread somehow making you look stupid, just say so, and we'll remove the whole thread.

9. Received thanks from:

chuckskull (03-03-2012),Ferral (03-03-2012)

Thread Information