Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brazil world cup

Thanks

Brazil world cup

This report from the BBC made me chuckle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-27343057

Apparently, some scientists reckon England won't do well in Brazil since we historically don't perform when the matches are played in hot climates...

What are they smoking?

Corsair Air 540, Asus Prime X570-Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R9 3900X, Corsair HX 750, EVGA 1080 Ti, 2x Corsair 2TB MP600, 2x 2TB WD20EZRX, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Corsair 550D, Asus X470-Prime Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R7 2700, Corsair RM750i, Asus GTX780 Poseidon, 2x Sammy 500GB 970 EVO, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Synology DS918+ w/ 2xWDC Green 3TB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 6TB, N2200 w/ 2xSammy 1.5TB
    backup:
    Corsair 500R, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, Win 10 Pro, i5 4690, Corsair HX750i, Sapphire Fury X, 256GB Sammy SM951 M.2 (System), WD SE16 640GB, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100i

Thanks
    • Andy3536's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-880GMA
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95w @3.8
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1T WD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 750
      • Case:
      • Antec P-182

Re: Brazil world cup

On the bright side we're leaving nothing to chance. We're making sure the England team have everything they need for the world cup in Brazil. Good excuses

3. Received thanks from:

kalniel (15-05-2014)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • F2K8's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 970A-G46
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Crucial Ballistix
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Radeon HD 6870
      • PSU:
      • XFX Pro Series 550W
      • Case:
      • AeroCool 6th Element
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1

The England team gets announced tomorrow, Ashley Cole has retired from international duty, and rumors of Kyle Walker not making the squad (wonder who his replacement would be). As an Arsenal fan, I hope to see Oxlade and Wilshere on the plane, it would be disappointing if at least one of them don't make it to Brazil. I do think Brazil will win it though, which I don't mind in the slightest, Spain have been on the pedestal far too long.

Spreadie

Quote Originally Posted by ajones View Post
    Apparently, some scientists reckon England won't do well in Brazil since we historically don't perform when the matches are played against decent teams...
    Edited for accuracy

Thanks

I think this squad is a far better attacking side than the Euro one. Whether they progress to the next round remains to be seen but the experience would be good for some of the younger promising players like Barkley and Sterling.

However, I am concerned by the lack of quality of the central defenders and goal keeping cover if anything was to happen to Hart. Jagielka has just returned after a few months from injury. Chris Small and Phil Jones both had a poor season. Cahill had an excellent season though and should form a solid partnership with Jagielka. Such a shame John Stones hasn't been picked. He has all the attributes of a top class defender, experience aside.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • F2K8's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI 970A-G46
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Crucial Ballistix
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI Radeon HD 6870
      • PSU:
      • XFX Pro Series 550W
      • Case:
      • AeroCool 6th Element
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Top_gun View Post
    I think this squad is a far better attacking side than the Euro one. Whether they progress to the next round remains to be seen but the experience would be good for some of the younger promising players like Barkley and Sterling.

However, I am concerned by the lack of quality of the central defenders and goal keeping cover if anything was to happen to Hart. Jagielka has just returned after a few months from injury. Chris Small and Phil Jones both had a poor season. Cahill had an excellent season though and should form a solid partnership with Jagielka. Such a shame John Stones hasn't been picked. He has all the attributes of a top class defender, experience aside.
    Forster is a great keeper, I reckon he'd be a great replacement for hart to be honest. Cahill had an awesome season, but I honestly think the lack of Walcott will show quite soon, his pace meant that the opposition had to keep a deeper line, allowing the midfield to move more freely, it's something Arsenal have missed this season, and Sterling has the opportunity to offer the same but I just can't see him doing the same job, I honestly think Oxlade Chamberlain provides more options than Sterling, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by F2K8 View Post
    Forster is a great keeper, I reckon he'd be a great replacement for hart to be honest. Cahill had an awesome season, but I honestly think the lack of Walcott will show quite soon, his pace meant that the opposition had to keep a deeper line, allowing the midfield to move more freely, it's something Arsenal have missed this season, and Sterling has the opportunity to offer the same but I just can't see him doing the same job, I honestly think Oxlade Chamberlain provides more options than Sterling, but we'll just have to wait and see.
    It's easy for Forster to be great in the SPL considering it's a one horse race there. Walcott is a good player but sometimes his final ball or decision making is not the greatest in the world. Sterling has lots of movement, have the ability to dribble through tight defences and play the right final ball. Furthermore, he'll link up well with Johnson. I like Oxlade-Chamberlain but has struggled with fitness.

I also think this England can a string a few passes and surprise a few people too.

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

England to get buggered in world cup and Brazil to win.

Thanks

Brazil has a weak squad compared to their former legendary teams. Can't believe Jo has been selected. He's utter crap. They have a weaker defence compared to England's and a toothless midfield. I think Brazil will progress in the tournament due to home advantage and if they play as a unit. They won't win it though.

Thanks
    • opel80uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770-UD3 revision 2
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X4 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4gb PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 Twin FrozR II OC 2048MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX450W 450w
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 10Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Top_gun View Post
    It's easy for Forster to be great in the SPL considering it's a one horse race there.
    Just watch his performances in the CL over the past few seasons then. IMO, he is better than Hart. He'll prove it when he gets a big move. I remember people saying the same about Henrik Larsson, and look how well he done when he left. People who follow Scottish football know the players that are good SPL players, and those who can step it up. I'm certain Forster is one of them.

Thanks

I was impressed with some of the passing by England. They didn't tried to treat the ball as a hot potato. Lots of triangles and give and go balls. Defensively, England was very suspect. Fortunately, Jones & Small are not first choice on the selection sheet.

Ben Foster did little to reconsider my opinion on goalkeeper back up options though I wouldn't blame for Foster for goals conceded.

Positives - Barkley and Oxade-Chamberlain.

Negatives - John Stones not going to the world cup. Poor defensively.

Thanks

Oh my, who would have predicted the scoreline for the game between Holland and Spain last night. Spain is the better side on paper. I was really surprised by Spain's performance. Their passing was sloppy and lacked incisiveness. Tika-taka suddenly became Chicken Tikka. Pique and Ramos, both world class defenders, looked incredibly poor. I'd expect De Gea to make his appearance in the next match.

Hats off to Dutch, they worked hard, wanted it more and sublime finishing. Unlucky not to score more goals.

Thanks
    • Dareos's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77 - UD3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 Ivy Bridge
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte Geforce 670 OC Windforce x 2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1050 Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" DGM and 40" Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • 152 Mb Virgin

Quote Originally Posted by opel80uk View Post
    Just watch his performances in the CL over the past few seasons then. IMO, he is better than Hart. He'll prove it when he gets a big move. I remember people saying the same about Henrik Larsson, and look how well he done when he left. People who follow Scottish football know the players that are good SPL players, and those who can step it up. I'm certain Forster is one of them.
    Larsson was so good RVP paid tribute by copying his diving header, almost exactly
    We're only here for the Banter - The Luvvies - Chewin' The Fat

Violence and Lubrication is the solution to fixing everything, if it still doesn't work, you need more lubrication.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_gav View Post
    How do you change the height of them?

I've just had a quick fiddle with the knob at the front :\

15. Received thanks from:

opel80uk (16-06-2014)

OilSheikh

Rooney is a over-hyped player. Couldn't shoot 3 easy goals yesterday!

Drum & Bass Till I Die deejayburnout's Avatar
    Thanks
    • deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone

Since I don't like football I will not be watching it at all.

I might watch the final.
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

Thanks

I only watch football every 4 years. Is it my imagination or are more matches than usual won after the eventual winner started off one goal behind?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information