Thread: NFL Thread - 2016

Thanks

NFL Thread - 2016

Figured I'd start a thread since there seem to be about 5-10 of us on here who follow the NFL.
    The first week of the regular 16 week season is almost upon us!

The 2016/17 season kicks off with the Panther playing the Broncos on Friday Sep. 9th. Then the usual Sunday evening games kick off with the odd Thursday night, Monday night, games mixed in.

For anyone who isn't already aware, if you use Google Search just type NFL into a search and it'll bring you the most recent results and upcoming games. (This also works with other major sports leagues and events like 'EPL', 'F1' etc.)

So - anyone going to be following the NFL this year? Who are you and who are you supporting - yes, that's right, come out of the hand-egg closet and be counted!

Unless you're a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan, you're excused for not wanting to see the light of day.
    Reason 1
    Reason 2
    (Come on now Bucs...we know it's only the pre-season but really...?)
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • WyldeStile's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 5800x
      • Memory:
      • 16 Gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 2070
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Haf XB Evo II
      • Monitor(s):
      • CHG70 32"

Re: NFL Thread - 2016

As always I'll be cheering on my Giants. If the defense lives up to the $200,000,000 price that was spent on them this off-season, we have a good chance to go back to the Superbowl. Eli had his best year statistically last year.

It was his 1st year in a new type of offense. Just think what he'll do with now that he's learned the system. We also have Cruz coming back. I hope he gets back to form quickly (fingers crossed). We also have this rookie by the name of Sterling Shepard.

If Ben McAdoo doesn't switch running back every series we may get a good running game . When Coughlin stopped doing that at the end of last season, the running started putting up good numbers.

3. Received thanks from:

Galant (08-09-2016)

Registered+
    Thanks
    • WyldeStile's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7 5800x
      • Memory:
      • 16 Gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX 2070
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Haf XB Evo II
      • Monitor(s):
      • CHG70 32"

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post
    (Come on now Bucs...we know it's only the pre-season but really...?)
    I don't give much weight to the pre-season. Many of the games are played with people with will not be on the team when the official season starts. I can see the Bucs going 8-8 this year even 9-7.

Unfortunately, the Bucs will be off to a horrendous start. In the first 5 games, they will have to face the Falcons (w), Cardinals(l), Rams(l), Broncos(l) and Panthers(l). That's 1-4 or 0-5 to start the season. Granted the Panthers have lost something on defense in the secondary but Cam is "Cam."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WyldeStile View Post
    I don't give much weight to the pre-season. Many of the games are played with people with will not be on the team when the official season starts. I can see the Bucs going 8-8 this year even 9-7.

Unfortunately, the Bucs will be off to a horrendous start. In the first 5 games, they will have to face the Falcons (w), Cardinals(l), Rams(l), Broncos(l) and Panthers(l). That's 1-4 or 0-5 to start the season. Granted the Panthers have lost something on defense in the secondary but Cam is "Cam."
    Just giving them a hard time. Can't have been nice for the fans to see two horrible plays like that quite close together, though.

Speaking of hard times, I get to fess up to being a Dolphins fan. They've been the definition of mediocre for about a decade, but with fans never forgetting the glory days of the 60's and the Marino era in the 80's, plus the money being thrown around, disappoint abounds (sound familiar, England footy fans?). Still, after cleaning house last year in terms of coaching, and with new coach Adam Gase in place, there's hope for the near future, if not this year. Tannehill remains divisive among fans but I remain on his side what with the horrible, horrible OL play of the last few years. He deserves credit just for taking all the punishment he has and yet not stepping back (most sacked QB since 2012). The OL looks much improved in terms of starters, although still horrible in terms of depth. Let's hope they can stay healthy. All-pro centre Pouncey looks set to miss the opener against the Seahawks on Sunday, and there's a rookie, Steen, in his place. So that sounds scary but apparently the rookie shows promise. So if he can hold his own against Seattle's defensive line that will be great news.

Got to credit coach Gase for his approach this pre-season. The media were riding him all training camp for giving too much time to players they, and fans, had already deemed worthless, but the result has been that the starters now in place have been shown to have earned their starting place and didn't just get it based on reputation. Gase has a definite approach and plan and is sticking to it and isn't afraid to defend himself against the media or fire back at them at times. So that's refreshing to see.

All in all, I'm not sure what this season holds for the Dolphins. I expect a mixed bag. We've got some exciting-looking new guys, some talented vets, but also some glaring weaknesses and lack of depth. Could be another .500 season. I'd be okay with that I think. A winning season would be massive. Playoffs even more so. I just hope we avoid another losing season, and injuries too.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

NFL have produced a season preview "trailer":

7. Received thanks from:

WyldeStile (10-09-2016)

Thanks

And for anyone wanting some more info at to a season preview, there are some 'Move the Sticks' division by division preview videos being produced by the NFL with Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks. Youtube links below:

NFC North (Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers & Minnesota Vikings)
    AFC North (Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns & Pittsburgh Steelers)

NFC East (Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles & Washington Redskins)
    AFC East (Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots & New York Jets)

NFC South (Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints & Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
    AFC South (Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars & Tennessee Titans)

NFC West (Arizona Cardinals, St. Louis Rams, San Francisco 49ers & Seattle Seahawks)
    AFC West (Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, Oakland Raiders & San Diego Chargers)
    Last edited by Galant; 08-09-2016 at 01:55 PM.

9. Received thanks from:

WyldeStile (10-09-2016)

Thanks
    • Macman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Z170 Pro Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i9 9900K
      • Memory:
      • 32GB
      • Storage:
      • 5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce RTX2080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650VS
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus Predator

Just read about Aaron Hernandez commits suicide yesterday. Is this sport really affecting these athletes at such a young age? Or is it the upbringing?

Aaron Hernandez wiki

Thread Information