Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs - Anyone watching?

Thanks

NFL Playoffs - Anyone watching?

This might be one of the most exciting playoffs in recent history.

The Ravens go in as Superbowl favourites with their thrilling young QB Lamar Jackson.
    The 49ers have found their footing after some awful years, and with the Patriots' Tom Brady having a down year himself a Garoppolo victory would be an interesting story line.
    The Titans' Ryan Tannehill has had a shockingly good year leading to a great underdog story - especially if they advance, not to mention the wildcard rivalry match-up between ex-Dolphin Tannehill and the NE Patriots.
    The NFC is competitive and it'll be exciting to see how veteran QB's Brees, Rodgers and Wilson and their teams face off and advance.

Normally, when my team is eliminated I lose a bit of interest in what happens in the post-season but this year I think I'm going to try to watch a good number of games. It's an exciting year.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

Re: NFL Playoffs - Anyone watching?

Only started watching NFL the last few years and don't have a team. I just watch the games for what they are.

This season has been very interesting with lots of new quarterbacks thrown in and given their chance. Which has given some unpredictability to the games.

Watched last nights games, both quite close and down to the last plays. Good stuff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaur View Post
    Only started watching NFL the last few years and don't have a team. I just watch the games for what they are.

This season has been very interesting with lots of new quarterbacks thrown in and given their chance. Which has given some unpredictability to the games.

Watched last nights games, both quite close and down to the last plays. Good stuff.
    The Texans-Bills game was close run, as was tonight's Saints-Vikings games. Nice to see the Vikings get a playoff win, but not sure they'll advance again. Feel bad for Brees though, feels like he should have had more success than he has.

I'm a Dolphins fan, so it's been a weird year for us, but it's always nice to see the Patriots get beat, especially by former Dolphins QB Tannehill. I really liked him and was sad when we cut him so I'm glad he's had an incredible year and wish him all success. Will be curious to see how far the Titans can go. I actually didn't expect them to beat the Patriots, I thought experience and coaching would win out, but Henry ran like a monster!

Beyond that I like Aaron Rodgers so will be wishing them well, as well as Lamar Jackson (he took way too much disrespect during his draft process), and as mentioned, Tannehill and the Titans.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

Thanks

So sad the Saints lost... another big disillusionment as a big fan

Thanks

More great games this weekend. Bit more high scoring to which was good.

49ers were just too good for the Vikings. Seemed to have a bit of everything, good passing, running and defence.
    Tennessee just keep on running, literally with Derrick Henry. Tannehill did well for the early touchdowns, great throws. Going to be tough next week but no reason they can't do it again. Credit needs to go to Lamar Jackson who escaped getting sacked so many times.
    After a shaky start Kansas just had too much for Houston. Every time I looked away they seemed to score.
    And the last game Green Bay and Seattle was a close one. Aaaron Rodgers was accurate with his throws and Seattle seemed to drop too many. Bit uninspired by Green Bay, clinical rather than exciting.

Also looking forward to College Football tonight, LSU vs Clemson.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • GamingLexus's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i7-3770K @ 4.2GHz
      • Memory:
      • Samsung Green 16GB DDR3 1866MHz (9-9-9-27 1N) @ 1.400v
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro SSD (256GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
      • PSU:
      • Antec HCP-1300 Platinum PSU
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Acer GN246HL 24" TN LED Monitor @ 120 Hz, and Dell U2211H 22" IPS Monitor
      • Internet:
      • BT ADSL :(

Yes, cracking games this weekend. With neither of my teams reaching the playoffs, I'm really rooting for Andy Reid and the Chiefs.
    I like the Titans and it's difficult not to be wowed by Derick Henry who is just a monster.
    49ers look good and don't have to go anywhere cold for the rest of the season.
    I don't like the Packers.

I can't wait for next weekend.

Thanks

I did a prediction at the start but at this point it's basically wrong. If the 49ers make the finals then that will have been accurate, not much else.

I keep picking against the Titans (even though I'm glad they're winning!). At this point, do I take them over the Chiefs? And I don't see the Packers as better than the Niners overall and the Packers' win wasn't as dominant as the Niners' win but Aaron Rodgers.

So as things stand I'm going to pick the Chiefs over Titans and Packers over the Niners. If that happens, I'm going Chiefs over Packers for the final.

What would I like to happen? Packers and Titans in the final and either one would be a happy result, but I'd like to see the Packers win one again.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • GamingLexus's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Quote Originally Posted by Galant View Post

I keep picking against the Titans (even though I'm glad they're winning!).
    Same. Though, as good as Henry is at the moment, I just haven't seen enough evidence that Tannehill can do more than 'game manage' and be a dynamic QB (compared to the other QBs in the Divisional games) to win the Titans a game if the opposition Defence stuffs up the running lanes for Henry.

Mahomes can do anything he wants. Garopolo is throwing it nicely and managing offense well. Aaron Rodgers is one of the finest passing QBs in history and has already secured his place int he HoF int he first year he's eligible. I just don't think, or haven't seen the evidence that Tannehill can win a game if the game requires him to win it through the air.

Thanks

Wow ... Packers were really bad last night...

I will be rooting for the Chiefs for the final

Thanks

The best 2 teams over the season have got to the Superbowl, so can't complain.

49ers seem to have a good all round game while the Chiefs have a bit of magic in Mahomes.

Think the Titans lost it just before halftime with the Mahomes touchdown. Really poor attempts to tackle him, the last guy just seemed to give up. Was it because it was the (star) Quarterback running and the defence don't want to injure him?

Thanks

Not sure those are the best two. The Ravens had the best regular season record. Would have liked to see them advance but if you lose, you lose!

Still both of these teams are capable of some great football, and Mahomes look like he's on form. This could be a thrilling SuperBowl. I'll give the edge to the Chiefs.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • GamingLexus's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Super excited. It's always (extra) nice to watch a Superbowl where you know the Patriots can't win!

Still hoping for the Chiefs. For Andy Reid more than anythign else. Mahomes is a star, he'll win a SB in his career for sure (injuries permitting) but I'm not sure how many more shots Andy Reid's gonna get.

I think Mahomes is goign to be an icon that gets remembered in history that is seen to change the mould of QBs, and how the pro league is played. In a similar way to how Steph Curry and Klay Thompson changed the way the NBA is played.

Thanks

SuperBowl 54 is almost here. Not sure I'm going to stay up and lose sleep for it...we'll see.

I don't particularly care for either team. Garropolo's success is a decent story, and a win for Mahomes would herald his arrival at the top of the NFL QB game. The Chiefs seem to have more talent on the offensive side of the ball with all that speed and Mahomes' play making ability. However, Bosa has been a monster for the Niners. As such, I suspect that might be the deciding aspect of this game. If Bosa and co. can shut down Mahomes one way or another, it could be game over. Of course, the Chief's defense isn't a joke, and if Garropolo also gets shutdown, then we have a battle of the QB's to see who can find a way to win when facing hot defensive play.

In terms of pure football, this could be a compelling game!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • GamingLexus's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF X
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:

Predictions for tonight then y'all?

Thanks

I'm going to roll with the Niners. It's a risk but I'll take Bosa and that defense over even then Chiefs' dynamic offense.

But it could easily go either way.

Thanks

Well, that dynamic offense got the job done! The Niners offense couldn't get going really, the Chiefs were all over the secondary, and then that staunch SF defense couldn't stop Kansas City.

Solid win from a versatile and determined team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information