Thread: RAIDville

Thanks

RAIDville

It's been a tough couple of weeks. With so much going on at HEXUS it's hard to sit down and crack on with just one thing - there's always something else that needs doing, some other news story to post and so on. Couple that with the days when there's no real reason to do anything but work, and you can catch yourself working from the moment you get up to the moment you go to bed, stopping only for food and drink. That aside though, what have I been busy doing?

This week I've got a couple of reviews written up, and without giving too much away, this office has had something in the region of 1.5TB worth of storage go through it.

I've been playing with RAID and some seriously large storage. I'm no stranger to RAID as I run a RAID 5 array and have done for over a year, but this week I realised just how much I could really do with... oh... maybe a terabyte of extra storage that I could 'spread out' in.

Anyway, that's all for now
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    Have you managed to test the new Hitachi 7k500 SATA drives yet? with the 16MB cache?

Saw a review on THG, was wondering whether I can expect one from you before I make me mind up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    Well I personally haven't had one to test, no. Not sure about HEXUS as a whole though.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information