Thread: Interesting start to the week

Thanks

Interesting start to the week

So AMD and ATI's directors approved a merger, and bloody hell don't I know it.

As news admin of this here website, you could say I 'run the front page'. That is, I have a go at somebody when they don't put a link in properly, or use a full size image instead of a thumbnail (actually no, it's just stupid me that does that, oh well, breaking things is fun.)

Anyway, seeing as everything HEXUS.core does ends up on the front page, that means I know about it. So what do I know about today... the flippin' merger. To be fair though, we've got some decent insight and some interesting stuff from NVIDIA landed in my inbox too. Don't worry guys, they're not giving up.

Of course, it's not just us, everywhere on the web is talking about it, and not just the tech sites. The BBC (who do cover tech stuff to be fair) have a hilarious archive image of a Socket A Athlon Thunderbird on their article about the merger... well, it made me laugh.

Then there's the heap of e-mails in my inbox from various webmasters saying "ZOMG AMD AND ATI LOL!" or words to that affect. I added to the foray with the little mailout a lot of you guys will have read, pointing out our interesting analysis into the whole thing.

All that aside however, I was taken a bit by surprise today when nerds worldwide started flocking to see what Steven (that's the other one... y'know, the gaming dude here at HEXUS) had to say about the new warmhammer RTS. I used to play Warhammer 40k myself. I didn't realise there were still as many nerds on the planet as there were back then. In fact, I think there may be more now... scary!

It's a good job I don't play an RTS unless it says "Command & Conquer" in the title, else Warhammer could really ruin my work plan...
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    • chuckskull's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • 3570k @ 4.7 - H100i
      • Memory:
      • 32GB XMS3 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 850 Pro + 3TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12 700W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 500R
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE
      • Internet:
      • FTTC
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    All that aside however, I was taken a bit by surprise today when nerds worldwide started flocking to see what Steven (that's the other one... y'know, the gaming dude here at HEXUS) had to say about the new warmhammer RTS. I used to play Warhammer 40k myself. I didn't realise there were still as many nerds on the planet as there were back then. In fact, I think there may be more now... scary!
    Ahh.. is that why the site was moving slower than the middle east peace process earlier?

Thanks
    LOL, yes. Sorry about that, can't help it if we're popular
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information