Thread: Its going to be a great year

Thanks

Its going to be a great year

2007 is going to be a great year for videogames. Over my time with HEXUS, I've slowly got more into PC gaming, especially MMORPGs. Previous to this I've always favoured console gaming, but this genre of games never translates well to consoles; Final Fantasy on Xbox 360 was okay, but nowhere near as good as the PC version.

Currently, I'm using my weekends (much to the distress of my fiancee) to alternate between Vanguard Saga Of Heroes, the beta test for another upcoming MMORPG, Warhammer Mark of Chaos and Heroes of Annihilated Empires.

I've tried not to neglect my Xbox 360, which I feel is a great stress reliever when playing the likes of Rainbow 6: Vegas and FIFA 07 and I've even be playing through the recent PS2 games such as Okami and God Hand.

The thing that excites me most about this year is probably Halo 3, but I can't wait to play the likes of Crysis, S.T.A.L.K.E.R, SPORE and many others on PC. Many predicted that PC gaming would diminish after the release of the Xbox 360 and the soon to be launched PS3, but its great to see developers stick to fingers up to the doubters and create what could be shaping up as one of the best years for PC gamers.

I'm not excited about the PS3, but after playing Motorstorm recently at Nick's house it was bloody impressive I'll have to admit. However, it's the online aspect of gaming I'm most interest in and I'm going to wait to see if Sony can deliver before I decide to invest in it.

As for Wii, there are a few games on the horizon I'm looking forward to playing, but it will probably sit quietly next to my Xbox 360 for the most part until family or friends come around and we play a few games of Wii Sports or Rayman.

Overall, there are going to be some great games on all formats and I can't wait to see how the year pans out. The Game of the Year title for 2007 is probably going to be the most closely fought contest ever!

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2
    I want a PS3. I don't want to pay the price tag

Motorstorm looks like a class game, and the use of pendulum as the (one of the) soundtrack(s) in the game is first class

However, the people I'm sharing a house with next year has the XBox360, so that should be good, but I think the console we will play the most of will be N64 - jus for 4 player Golden Eye. Might even see if I can pick up a gamecube on the cheap - 4 player MarioKart So whilst there are some promising games on the horizons, the old games are still some of the best.

Now to find a Wii in stock somewhere....

Dave

Thanks
    i'm not really to fussed by the arrival of the PS3, i just want to see more good titles for the xbox 360.

Halo 3 when its out will be a must
    Contrary to the odd name and translucent-grey color, Pocari Sweat does not taste like sweat
    Hardware:

Main PC
    - See 'My System'
    Server - Athlon XP 1700+, 1GB, 500GB HD
    Laptop - Compaq AMD Turion 64 X2, 60GB HD, 1GB
    Media Centre Shuttle - P4 3.0 Skt 775 Shuttle, 1GB, 120GB HD
    NAS - 400GB
    Home Entertainment - Xbox 360 with 37" HD LCD TV, Acoustic Energy Aegis EVO A speakers (5,1), Yamaha RXV359 AV reciever
    Media Centre II - X2 4000+, 1GB, 400Gb Vista Ultimate

Thread Information