Thread: Looking for 5.25" SATA HHD caddy that's not too expensive

Registered+
    Thanks

Looking for 5.25" SATA HHD caddy that's not too expensive

I have Icy-Box HHD caddys in my older machines which I like quite a lot, but after looking around for new caddys, they all seem to be very expensive compared to what I paid some years back. I don't suppose anyone has come across anything half decent that is around the £20 mark (or even a bit less if possible)?

SUMMONER

Re: Looking for 5.25" SATA HHD caddy that's not too expensive

I use the Icy Box IB-158SK-B in my HP Microservers, a steal at just £13.40 delivered.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you mean 5.25". Usually they are for DVD drives and the like. I found the following 2.5 and 3.5 " enclosures...

MEMTEQ(R) 2.5 inch Hard Drive Enclosure SATA USB3.0 HDD External Enclosure Case 118*73*10mm Compatible Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Windows 98 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and Mac OS 9.1 / 10.8.4 above (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TGU0N..._jrcvwbQZFXRSV

Cheapest I could find, but there are others.

This for 3.5"

CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 SATA Aluminium HDD Enclosure - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JKW3C..._XtcvwbP3J2Q8Y
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SUMMONER View Post
    I use the Icy Box IB-158SK-B in my HP Microservers, a steal at just £13.40 delivered.
    I had been looking for the type with trays, but that model would do the trick I think. It doesn't say, but I assume it takes a 5.25" drive bay? Unfortunately only one left in stock, and I'm looking for two, but it gives me some ideas what to look for, so thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Did you mean 5.25". Usually they are for DVD drives and the like. I found the following 2.5 and 3.5 " enclosures...

MEMTEQ(R) 2.5 inch Hard Drive Enclosure SATA USB3.0 HDD External Enclosure Case 118*73*10mm Compatible Windows 2000 / Windows Me / Windows 98 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 and Mac OS 9.1 / 10.8.4 above (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00TGU0N..._jrcvwbQZFXRSV

Cheapest I could find, but there are others.

This for 3.5"

CiT 3.5 inch USB 3.0 SATA Aluminium HDD Enclosure - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00JKW3C..._XtcvwbP3J2Q8Y
    Yeah, I'm looking for the type that is installed in a 5.25" drive bay, like the one SUMMONER linked to, but thanks for taking the time to post a reply/suggestion.

SUMMONER

Scan have them for £14.65 each.

See here on how to get free delivery.

I had been looking for the type with trays, but that model would do the trick I think. It doesn't say, but I assume it takes a 5.25" drive bay?
    The trayless design is why I ended up buying these, very convenient to use. Yes, these are to install into a 5.25" drive bay.

6. Received thanks from:

SkyScape (24-11-2015)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SUMMONER View Post
    Scan have them for £14.65 each.

See here on how to get free delivery.

The trayless design is why I ended up buying these, very convenient to use. Yes, these are to install into a 5.25" drive bay.

Thanks. That's perfect. I'll order a couple tonight. Already setup for free postage from Scan.... it was one of the reasons I registered on here

Thread Information