Pre-purchase questions on features and possible configuration of a Qnap TS-453A

Printable View

• Question 3:
  • Can the cloud feature and ability of the QNAP TS-453A be completely removed and / or completely disabled?

• Question 4:
  • After an update of the QNAP TS-453A software or firmware, and following a possible necessary reboot, does the QNAP TS-453A needs to be reconfigured from scratch?

• Question 5:
  • Can a final or finalised configuration of the QNAP TS-453A be saved manually to a storage device and be manually uploaded onto the QNAP TS-453A if necessary?

• Question 6:
  • What is the "Virtual" KVM / KVM hypervisor feature of the QNAP TS-453A used for?

• Question 7:

• I require to be able to switch the QNAP TS-453A off overnight possibly every night either selectively and manually; can this be done (with the remote control) and can the QNAP TS-453A be powered off at the mains rather than just setting it into a sleep mode?

• I have one more question regarding the OpenVPN feature which I may ask at a later stage.

In posting these questions I am not looking for criticism or for comparing products, instead I am trying to find out if this product can achieve what I am looking for. Especially if there are owners of this product whom have the answers to these questions.