Thread: Kingspec Q-360 360GB SSD mini-review

Bagnaj97

Kingspec Q-360 360GB SSD mini-review

I received my Kingspec Q-360 from AliExpress today, it was a bit of a gamble as there's virtually no information about this drive online and it was dirt cheap compared to the big brands (I paid £45.60). The padded envelope was sealed with Kingspec Electronics branded tape, so maybe it's direct from the factory? Box and packaging were basic but sufficient, alongside the SSD there were 4 mounting screws. The drive itself is 7mm thick, so it should fit everything with a 2.5" bay. First up I ran H2Testw to ensure it was the claimed capacity (335GB after NTFS formatting) and everything checked out. Next I benchmarked the drive with AS SSD and CrystalDiskInfo, and I benched my Sandisk Ultra II 480GB for comparison

AS SSD results:

I'd say it's pretty comparable to my Sandisk Ultra II in terms of performance, although the Sandisk is my OS drive so that may have had a performance impact. The 512b test on the Sandisk spat an error at me, so the read result is missing and the write result may be incorrect.

CrystalDiskMark results:

Again, somewhat comparable scores. The Kingspec seems better for writes than the Sandisk, but worse for read speeds.

I can't comment on the reliability of the drive, but so far everything looks good. At 12.67p/GB, providing it's reliable, it's incredibly good value. It's not the fastest drive going, but it's certainly no slouch either!
    Last edited by Bagnaj97; 19-04-2018 at 12:31 AM.

2. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (19-04-2018),Pob255 (19-04-2018)

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: Kingspec Q-360 260GB SSD mini-review

I might be tempted to get one for these to run a few games off,if they go under £50 again.

Bagnaj97

Re: Kingspec Q-360 260GB SSD mini-review

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    I might be tempted to get one for these to run a few games off,if they go under £50 again.
    Currently £47.41 from the seller I bought mine from. Go on, you know you want to...

Bagnaj97

Re: Kingspec Q-360 360GB SSD mini-review

After a change of plans the Kingspec has now gone in my laptop - still nothing truly critical on it, but reliability is more of a concern. As there's so little info on these drives online I've ordered the 90GB version (£19.74) and I plan to endurance test it - in theory the 180 and 360GB versions should be more durable because they've got more flash for wear levelling.
    Last edited by Bagnaj97; 04-05-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Bagnaj97

90GB Kingspec Q-90 has turned up, some quick benches before I endurance test it:

7. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (30-05-2018),hb904460 (31-05-2018),Xlucine (30-05-2018)

Bagnaj97

The 90GB Kingspec is still going strong after the best part of 82TB host writes, and that's almost all incompressible data from Anvil's storage tools endurance test. 0 reallocated sectors, reallocation event count or uncorrectable sector count. Anvil's MD5 test has also shown 0 errors. The average TLC erase count is now 977 (after conversion from hexadecimal). I also opened it up a while ago; It's got an Initio controller and what looks like micron nand with an attempt to obscure the logo. Here are the guts in all their glory:

9. Received thanks from:

CAT-THE-FIFTH (05-07-2018)

Thread Information