Thread: Non-RAID Setup

Thanks

Non-RAID Setup

Hi Guys,

I have recently bought the N5200 PRO and am having problems getting it to work in a non-raid mode.

I just want to write to each disk separately, I am not bothered about RAID. I am plugging directly into the back of my gigabit lan on my PC.

It does not seem like the N5200 likes this set up as I cannot create any new folders or seem to access the actual disks anywhere but through the web interface.

I am just running the standard Microsoft Windows Networking, with a Wireless LAN/Router for internet, with, like I said, the Thecus connected to my PC. In the future I will want to connect another computer to the NAS but for now just this.

It does not seem obvious to me how to get my computer to recognise these as disks either. Do I have to create a RAID then tell the Thecus the name of my workgroup and it should show up as a workgroup computer, and then MAP it is a network drive?

Has anyone got any ideas, or is this not really possible on my setup without RAID'ing the disks together?

Thanks
    Following updated......

Hello Psysjde1,

The N5200 Pro new add support the multiple RAID thus we could create 5 set JBOD for each HDD write to each disk separately.

If we crate the JBOD or RAID volume complete, we could found the disk volume on the net & map the network driver.

Yvon
    Last edited by Thecus - Yvon; 27-06-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thank you for the reply, I have created 5 JBOD arrays. However, I have one further problem, Whenever I remove one disk it says the RAID is damaged, even if i replace the same disk, it still stays "damaged". I have to physically power off the device and reboot in order for it to realise the system is ok.

I bought the device because it was supposed to be hot swapable, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thread Information