Thread: N4100+ module instill problems

Thanks

N4100+ module instill problems

HI Guys,
    Got my nice new N4100+ yesterday, filled it full of 4 x 500Gb drives and left if for the next few hours to build its RAID 5 array. Now I have a few questions and I'm sorry if I'm being thick but I'm new to this!!
    Question 1. The array finished building fine and I created a folder and then mapped a network drive to this folder, all seemed fine but how do i set how much space this folder has or is it dynamically sized by the N4100+?
    Question 2. I then tried to install the modules for Download management. Following the module install instructions in the manuall, I browsed to the folder selected the module and then clicked install. The screen (well web page) goes white, says done in the bottom corner and then nothing! I refresh the screen and nothing. When i re-login to the N4100+ there is no sign of the module being installed????? What am i missing??
    Question 3. After creating the folder this morning I decided to re-boot the device. On rebooting I was told there was no RAID array and the it was going to build one and which drived did i want in it!! How this worries me a the array had showed as healthy before the reboot.??
    Any ideas would be most helpful!
    Thanks
    Ross

Thanks
    Dear Sir,

1. Since we mpa the network disk as a driver letter and click on this driver, we will saw the disk volume at left lower ststus bar from file manangement.

2. & 3. To create 500GB*(4-1)=1.5TB RAID5 at 10MB/sec would take about 40~50 hours, does the RAID volume create complete? perhas the RAID doesn't create complete or HDD get some problem make this 2 action fail, if RAID deosn't build up complete and we add some file or moudle, system would saving to memeory temporary, and all file will be disappear if we reboot the system.

Yvon.

Thanks
    Hi Yvon,
    Thanks for the responce but I really dont understand eny of what your trying to say!

1. Since we mpa the network disk as a driver letter and click on this driver, we will saw the disk volume at left lower ststus bar from file manangement.

How do you map the folder on the Thecus to a drive letter in windows explorer? I thought you just mapped network drives to the NAS? When i did have a network drive mapped it showed a capacity of about 150mb

2. & 3. To create 500GB*(4-1)=1.5TB RAID5 at 10MB/sec would take about 40~50 hours, does the RAID volume create complete? perhas the RAID doesn't create complete or HDD get some problem make this 2 action fail, if RAID deosn't build up complete and we add some file or moudle, system would saving to memeory temporary, and all file will be disappear if we reboot the system.

The raid array took about 8 hours to build and showed as healthy. any other ideas?
    And what about my question about the modules not loading properly? Can this only be done once the array is built?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Try to disable your firewall when you upload your module.

To mount a folder with xp, just right click on the "My computer" icon or menu and then click again on "Map network drive" submenu.
    A dialog box should pop up :
    "Drive :" Select a letter you want to assign with it
    "Folder :" Enter your n4100 path with your folder to add ex: \\MyN4100\MyFolder (MyN4100 here is your n4100 name) or \\192.168.1.100\MyFolder (192.168.1.100 is your n4100 ip)
    Note: If your windows loging and password is different than your n4100 account, click on the "Connect using a different username" link and add your n4100 loging and password in this new box.

That s it !

Thanks
    Hi Spiken,
    Thanks for the help, After the RAID array had built itself it all seems to be working fine! Mapping drives is good and the modules are installed and working!! Dont quite know what happened but alls well thats ends well.
    Regards
    Ross

Thread Information