Thread: N5200 Loss of ACL and missing folders

Thanks

N5200 Loss of ACL and missing folders

Hey Guys,

When I go to delete a folder using the web interface, the web interface hangs, the folder is deleted but I lose ACL rights on every folder.

Now when I attempt to change the ACL rights I get:

Given Parameters are not defined
    Please click on the Link

Checking the system log also reveals the delete operation of one of my folders caused the loss of usbhdd, usbcopy, tmp and ftproot, although this might be due to the loss of ACL.

2007/07/11 09:09:00 N5200 : User admin logged in from 192.168.10.138
    2007/07/11 09:08:26 N5200 : Warning:Your System folder "usbhdd" is not exist
    2007/07/11 09:08:26 N5200 : Warning:Your System folder "usbcopy" is not exist
    2007/07/11 09:08:26 N5200 : Warning:Your System folder "tmp" is not exist
    2007/07/11 09:08:26 N5200 : Warning:Your System folder "ftproot" is not exist
    2007/07/11 09:08:23 N5200 : N5200 boot

This is running 1.0.0.9 and is a brand new unit so I don't want to be dealing with issues like this.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Thanks
    Update:

The folders nsync, usbhdd and usbcopy are all present in my folders list and I was able to update the ACL list for the nsync folder.

The system log no longer reports nsync as missing, I am unable to update the ACL's for usbhdd and usbcopy as these boxes are blanked out, hence I cannot correct this.

Looks like I will need to rebuild the RAID and start from scratch, has anybody else noticed this problem with 1.00.9? (I have now upgraded to 1.00.10)

Cheers
    John

Thanks
    Dear Sir,

It is pretty unusual to delete the folder make ACL dmaged, if possible please let we know the process to delete folder from web page fro us to duplicat and fix this issue.
    The quickest way to fix the ACL setting is recrate the RAID, otherwise we would need login your N5200 to rebuild the ACL remotely, if you need our remote login, please include with IP & account/pass to support@thecus.com, and the IP could be DMZ or port forwarding 21,22,80 & 443.

Thanks Yvon.

Thanks
    How can I force a rebuild with out deleting and recreating the array and therefore losing all my data?

Thanks
    As an additional note, I used the delete command through Firefox rather than IE, and I have noticed a few other issues using Firefox, eg Nsync menus don't function. Could this have contributed to the problem?

Thanks
    Dear Sir,

The rebuild means if 1 HDD damaged, we could rebuild the RAID back to noraml from others HDD data, the recrate means we need remove the RAID volume and create a new one...

The Web interface will gray out the delect icon prevent user to delete the folder: USBHDD/USBCOPY/NSYNC, if we lose these folder the ACL will be abnormal.

Yvon.

Thread Information