Thread: N5200 crash - now array won't finish rebuild

Registered+
    Thanks

N5200 crash - now array won't finish rebuild

Hello everyone...

Was running a p2p program yesterday and had settings to directly download to thecus via mapped drive. During download received notification of a write error and thecus froze. Had to pull the plug on the thecus to get it to completely reboot after that.

Upon first successful reboot after crash, thecus automatically began a rebuild of my 3 drive (500gig seagates x 3) array. When the rebuild reached 35.9% the web interface stopped responding and the thecus hung/froze.

I just powered it down again with a full power cord unplugging. The Thecus rebooted ok (this is attempt #2) and as before the array is attempting to rebuild as we speak.

All drives are reading as SMART "OK", nothing in the logs explain any errors.

firmware version is 1.00.10 and only modules I had installed were the FTPAccess and PurFTP...

Everything was up and running for days and days no problem.

What could this be? What should I do to trouble shoot? What do I do if the thecus crashes during this second attempt at an array rebuild?

Thank you

Thanks
    Hello,

If system hang at the rebuild stage perhaps HDD/SATA controller or etc damged, we woudl need advance check to confirm the root cause, Please send the conf.bin from System-> Conifg Mgmt-> Download to support@thecus.com for us to verify possible cause.

Yvon

Registered+
    Thanks
    was able to use command line and SSH to rebuilt the array. The second I enter the web interface it crashes.

I ran a filesystem check utility and that crashes during filesystem check. Is there a way to repair a damaged filesystem?

Thread Information