Thread: Need to Summarize my problems...

Registered+
    Thanks

Need to Summarize my problems...

Sigh...

1.) Just migrated 3 drive RAID 5 to a 4 drive RAID 5 and software added new drive entirely to SNAPSHOT drive (useless). Need to move that SNAPSHOT space to my usable disk space.
    QUESTION: Can I migrate back to a 3 drive RAID 5 then try to re-migrate and hope it allocates the new space to the right place? I don't feel comfortable giving out my thecus user + pass with private data on it.

2.) In the past few days I have been unable to view data in any of the Thecus folders in windows?! I go to my computer, go RUN --> type \\192.168.1.100\ then the thecus window pops up with my 3 main folders x,y,z, but when I click on them nothing shows up inside. I know there is data in those folders because I can login to the webdisk and see, use, copy, delete files just fine? I can even copy, paste, delete files I add into folder x. Is there an attributes somewhere I'm missing? What did I mess up? It was working fine before.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Need to Summarize my problems...

ok for some reason I found if I set these folders to PUBLIC = YES then I can get access to the folders (i.e. they list properly).

When I put NO for public and try to set ACL then they stop showing up again. Even if I login using a proper usename and password. Makes me wonder if I don't have my USERS and GROUPS set properly somewhere...

QUESTION: is it bad/unsecure to just keep these folders public? That just means any computer connected to my in-house LAN can have access (which is fine). But computers on the outside can't get in right?

Thanks

Re: Need to Summarize my problems...

Dear Sir,

1. The RAID migration is an unreverse process, thus we can't migrate back from 4 to 3.

2. The WEB disk using some index/control structure, thus if we coudl access the folder via WEB disk, which means the structure is fine. Please try to enable the "Show hidden files or folders", from Windows Explore->Tools->Folder Options->View->"Show hidden files and folders".

Yvon.

Thread Information