Thread: 5200Pro vs 5200BPro

Thanks

5200Pro vs 5200BPro

I have read the documentation and I have gone through all the posts here as well as other places on the internet. I am unclear as to the main differences between the 4 port switch model and the 2 GB NIC model of the 5200.

It would appear that the 2 GB NIC model allows for fail-over and suggest a possibility of Load Balancing. However it seems the documentation talks about them in context of LAN/WAN??

A simple question is can I connect them up to the same subnet and have them support load balancing with them both active at the same time giving you a potential of 2gb of throughput?

If not other than fail-over what is the point?

For the Router/Switch model it would seem you lose this functionality of load balancing and fail-over? If this is the case what is the purpose/advantage of this version? There is some mention of potentially connecting multiple 5200's up together using this is some type of iSCSI matrix switch. However, it is unclear as to if this is the case or not.

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: 5200Pro vs 5200BPro

Dear Sir,

N5200 PRO have 2 model: N5200 PRO & N5200 BR PRO, the BR means with a 1 LAN port & a Router/Switch, about non-BR model with 2 LAN port only.

The Load Balancing and Failover function for non-BR model only, if we enable the Load Balancing and Failover the network setting will follow with the WAN port configuration, and the need the switch support the 802.3ad too.

The N5200 PRO & N5200 BR PRO support the iSCSI both.

Yvon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,

N5200 PRO have 2 model: N5200 PRO & N5200 BR PRO, the BR means with a 1 LAN port & a Router/Switch, about non-BR model with 2 LAN port only.

The Load Balancing and Failover function for non-BR model only, if we enable the Load Balancing and Failover the network setting will follow with the WAN port configuration, and the need the switch support the 802.3ad too.

The N5200 PRO & N5200 BR PRO support the iSCSI both.

Yvon
    Yvon,

Just a few clarifying points as it is not 100% clear to me.

On the N5200 PRO there are 2 GB ports which will support fail-over mode but it is not clear whether these can both be active at the same time and can they be teamed like the INTEL nics using 802.3ad?

"Completed in mid-1999, the IEEE 802.3ad standard defines how two or more Gigabit Ethernet connections can be combined to load share, load balance and provide better resiliency for high-bandwidth network connections."

Does the N5200 BR PRO also support 802.3ad?

Basically I want to purchase the one that supports 802.3ad which will allow me to provide more bandwidth to the box.

Thanks,

Troy

Thanks

Dear Sir,

The N5200 Pro support the 802.3 ad, but also need the HUB/Switch support the 802.3 ad too.
    The N5200 BR Pro doesn't support the 802.3 ad function.

Yvon.

Thread Information