Thread: N1200 settings to do

Thanks

N1200 settings to do

Hello
    I just buy the N1200 in France and I have some questions

How we can hide the directory/folders for users which haven't the right to access on it in the ftp server?
    Hi Everybody

I have some questions about the settings of an N1200

How we can have a password and a login for the web/photo/music when you click in the icon of the webpage?

How we can give a quota of Megabyte in Directory/folder use by each users?

How we can implement a real sleep mode because otherwise I am afraid that my hard drive will died very quickly?

I download the last beta firmware 1.0.0.7 thinking that I will find all these new features but unfortunately I didn't found theses specifications

Could you help me quickly because I need to use these requests.

Sorry for my English but I am French

Thanks a lot for your help

Thanks

Re: N1200 settings to do

Dear Sir,

1. The FTP would list all folder on the N1200, but user must have the authorzation or password just able to get in to the folder.

2. If we went the password and login dialog page while access to a folder.
    2A. We must creat the user account from web configuration page: Accounts->Users->Add.
    2B. Make the folder is non public from: Storage->folder->Edit->Public->No.
    2C. Assign the user into ACL for each folder: Storage->folder->ACL->Drop user to what the permission we went.

3. N1200 doesn't support the quota function.

4. N1200 doesn't support spin down function.

5. N1200 latest verison firmware is V1.0.07.2, this verison enchanced the BT & download management fucntion.

http://www.thecus.com/Downloads/beta...e.1.0.07.2.bin

Yvon.

Thanks

Hi Yvon

Thanks for your informations but I have two questions.

I try to give different rights for users in the Photo folder and everybody can access to the other. Is there a way to create different album with different access not visible by each others.

Second question I would like to know when the firmware will be updated in order to reach the features we can find in a Synology NAS (Quotas, hide folder in the ftp etc..)

Thanks for your help

Thanks

Dear Sir,

The ALBUM preset is sharing web folder, if we don't went others see the folder, we could create another folder from STORGAR->FOLDE->ADD & Browseable ->NO & Public->NO, in this way only via FTP just found the folder, and others must konw the correct path.

Current N1200 latest version is V1.0.07.2, and didn't have any plan about pervious mail, but we will forward your request to related department.

http://www.thecus.com/Downloads/beta...e.1.0.07.2.bin

Yvon.

Thanks

Angry Re: N1200 settings to do

Hi again Yvon

Thanks for your help. I must confess that I am very disappointed about the N1200 because at the same time a friend of me bought a Synology 107+ and when he show me what he can do with his firmware I was very surprised but in a bad way for me !!!!!
    The second issue is when I try to asked to the Thecus support what is forecast I really feel that all is done for the high range model but nothing is plan for the N1200

Maybe this NAS is too cheap to invest time for customer needs ?

In any case if I knew that before I will have change my choice and you imagine for which brand......

I feel that I was conned of 218€

Sorry for my English but I am French

Faxounet

Thanks

Dear Faxounet,

We just forward your post to related guys, we will doing our best via firmware to enchance the N1200.

Yvon.

Thanks

Wink Re: N1200 settings to do

Hi Yvon

Is it possible to get commitment dates more than promises which are so easy to do with a consumer disappointed

Thanks in advance

Faxounet

Thanks

Dear Faxounet,

We will doing some patch or module to enchance the FTP, but due to the system structure the quota & spindown would a limitation.

Yvon.

Thanks

Hi Yvon,

Any news about a new firmware for the N1200 ?

Thanks

Faxounet

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Please mail to support@theucs.com perhaps we could provide some file for your to test.

Yvon.

Thanks

Hi Yvon,

I followed what you said and I send yesterday an e-mail to the support for testing the new or beta firmware.

Currently I have no news from them. Could you help me ?

Thanks

Faxounet

Thanks

Hi Yvon

I started my first test and regarding the ftp it works for hiding the main directory (Photos music etc..)but if you hide your own directory to the other you cannot access any more for yourself. It's a first good step but not enough for myself. My target is when you log on the ftp due to your login name you can see only tour own directory and the directory you have some rights on it and all others directory are hide.

Concerning the fan module you can stop the alert but it was not my request. My request was that when nobody is working with the N1200 (SMB ftp etc...) the N1200 goes in a sleep mode (The HDD is stopped and the fan is running a very very low speed)It is possible to get this feature near the future.

Last point about the WLAN. I bought the recommanded USB key ( 3COM 3CRUSB100075). The NAS acccepted the key and open settings in the network menu. All seems right but the trouble comes from I think your internal driver. The reception level by other's wifi computer card is no more than 10% reception even with the Txpower at the maximum (100%). This test wasmade with two different computer distant to one meter maximum from the key and indeed the N1200 without any obstacles in the middle !!!!!!!. I never see a so bad wifi transmission in my life. Could you help me quickly on this matter.

Thanks a lot by advance

Faxounet

Thanks

Hi again Yvon

In addition to the previous post I make some more test about WLAN. First if your are in a 1.0.0.6 firmware the key is not recognized, very strange !!!!. Second if you move for the 1..0.0.72 beta firmware the key is recignized the menu WLAN appear but the the Txpower is so bad that is impossible to use it (even if you are one meter remote to the key)

On the other hand I had a visit on the 3COM website support. It seems that the keys in Windows context with a serial number upper than 300/ XXXXXX are using a different driver. It's my case because i buy this key last week (very recently) and my serial number start with 301/XXXX.That confirm's my previous analysis that your internal driver is not now up to date and you need to provide a new firmware quickly including these modifications. Don't forget that your recommended list commit Thecus to work with it and nowhere it's specified the serial issue!!!!

Please help me quickly. I have understand that the N1200 is not your first priority but I can't work in a wifi environment and it's a big trouble for me.

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Faxounet

Thread Information