Thread: N2100+Red Flashing Indictor Light

London (while at Uni) otherwise Northamptonshire
    Thanks

N2100+Red Flashing Indictor Light

ello,

Just got myself a new N2100 and two new WD 500 GB hard drives to go with it.

I've tried all the different arrangements of drives within the device that I can think of (even without the drives in) and I still get the same problem occurring which is this,

After about 5 seconds of turning the device on the system status light starts flashing red and continues to do so for around 15-20 seconds after which there is a loud beep. The light then goes off and the only remaining light on is the power light. When the hard drives are in the trays the respective LED for each tray lights up blue until the system light comes on then go off and the same thing happens as above.

The N2100 is currently attached to a Netgear DG834G V2 which doesn't show the device as being attached either.

I have opened a ticket on their support site but no response as of yet...

cheers for any advice.

(few things I should add as I have tried to connect to the device in a number of ways...

I've got a macbook pro and I tried directly connecting to the device via the ethernet port but although the mac would detect something being attached it would not give any further details.

the network indicator lights occasionally flash when I look for attached devices but otherwise are off all the time

Kinda giving up on it today...would like to find out whether its a duff pretty quick as I'd like to get my 100+ DVD collection on it ASAP as I head out of the country in under 2 weeks and there's still I crap load of stuff I need to do...)
    Last edited by poley; 05-10-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks

Re: N2100+Red Flashing Indictor Light

Dear Sir,

During boot stage N2100 would show the RED LED for user know the status, since a beep sound which means N2100 boot up complete.

About about the: "The N2100 is currently attached to a Netgear DG834G V2 which doesn't show the device as being attached either."?

If it is Netgear DG834G V2 didn't detect the N2100, please assist us confirm the N2100 setup process
    from N2100 user's manual

PDF page 10: Installation Wizard
    PDF page 69: Mapping the Client PC to the YES Box N2100

Yvon

London (while at Uni) otherwise Northamptonshire
    Thanks

Re: N2100+Red Flashing Indictor Light

Firstly, thanks for the response,

I also got in contact through the support site at Thecus (covering all my bases ) and they advised the same thing, to reset the N2100 and to directly connect it to my pc and/or my mac.

I did the above but still neither the PC or Mac could find the device, nor could the setup software on the PC find the device.

They also linked me a series of instructions to follow to help determine the fault, I followed those and it appears to be a motherboard error.

I have since asked for an RMA from Komplett and I'm sending back the device for another one today.

Thanks again for your help, lets just hope it was a one off

Thread Information