Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N5200Pro & NFS

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: N5200Pro & NFS

The RPCSTATD module is now available for download from the Thecus WiKi

N5200 Module List - Thecus Wiki

The module will start rpc.statd only - hope Thecus will fix this with their NFS startup script soon.(which is /img/bin/rc/nfs by the way - not nfslock or whatever nfs* scripts one will find there ;o)

/Falk

Registered+
    Thanks

Thank you. I did a google search and found the main page listing all the modules.

Looked like you're much quicker! ... But thanks for the support. After a week, I can finally get this thing going somewhere.

..rb

Registered+
    Thanks

fajo,

It is disappointing that Thecus are unable to do what you have managed, I updated the ticket I mentioned and still no update from them.

Thecus: Why don't you offer fajo a job ?

Registered+
    Thanks

fajo,

Can you tell me if this works with both the N5200Pro and the N5200 as I checked the site and only found it in N5200 Module list area ?

As you put in an earlier comment, it would be nice if Thecus fixed this (would think there is enough info in this thread?), from my point of view I would like to keep the box standard and just run software from the manufacturer - ideally, not using modules - but appreciate your fix.

Thanks fajo..

To Thecus :

On the 3rd, you added to the ticket I logged:

Please update ticket with more information regarding NFS Locking issue, so we can forward to R&D for review.

Best Regards !

I responded within 2 hours :

This is the same problem as reported here :

http://forums.hexus.net/thecus-care-...ml#post1239066

Trying to open an openoffice document, nfs filesystem is mounted read write but because of inability to lock file, document is opened read only.

Not sure that there is any more that I can add.

What do you need ?

And still no update from yourselves.

Quote from your website :

"By combining engineering expertise with a keen focus on the end-user experience, Thecus builds products that are not only powerful but easy-to-use, making advanced storage products accessible to users of all skill levels."

That is a statement I would offer a different opinion on.

thanks for your help.

Registered+
    Thanks

Generally speaking, all modules designed to work with N5200 should work with N5200pro (I will write a comment to the module listing for the PRO - I does not make sense to duplicate the listing so it's better to refer to the N5200 and only list modules in the PRO area that will not run on the non-PRO [for what reason ever]).

/Falk

Registered+
    Thanks

fajo,

I downloaded and tried the RPCSTATD (onbeat.dk/thecus/index.php/N5200_Module:_RPCSTATD) module and it works great, can now access my openoffice documents not just in read only but r/w also, so Many thanks.

Thecus
    : It is now 15 days since I updated the ticket that I logged with you on this problem and still no reply, looks like the work to fix this has been done for you, will you be incorporating fajo's changes into a future build ?
    Last edited by christug; 18-01-2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: More info

Registered+
    Thanks

Thecus: SVX-41261-229 replied to you on 3rd Jan and still waiting for a reply.
    Any thoughts ?

Thread Information