Thread: N2100 RAID0 dropped HD but all seems ok ?

Thanks

N2100 RAID0 dropped HD but all seems ok ?

Hi
    I have a Thecus N2100 running latest firmware - 2.1.05

All has been working fine for the last 9 months then all of a sudden when I tried to access a share I recieved a security permission error. This has happened frequently in the last 4 weeks at least every 3 - 5 days and a reboot of the N2100 seems to fix the problem.

Happened today so I rebooted the N2100 but no joy I still cant access any shares.

No luck this time so I turned system off and booted up cold but still cannot access shay shares.

On checking the web management gui the RAID Info all says N/A, N/A , N/A

If I go into the Folder menu and try to create a new folder it tells me Raid is not initialized.
    If I go into DISK info I can see DIsk 1 is N/A N/A and Disk 2 is ok and shows all disk info.

Does not look good as it seems its telling me Disk-1 in my Raid0 has faulted which means I have lost everything. (I have backups but want to save the hassle of recoverring 800GB)

Is there a way to tell if the Hard disk has actually crashed ? All leds on front seem ok and no other alerts seem to indicate a hard disk failure ?

please help

Kind regards
    Angelo

Thanks

Re: N2100 RAID0 dropped HD but all seems ok ?

UPDATE**
    After shutting down the unit for a few minutes and powerring up I can now see DISK 1 and DIsk2 in disk info--BUT-- I have still lost my RAID-0 array as the RAID info still N/A and I cant seem to access shares.

I think my chances of data recovery from this raid0 array is not looking too good.

I will update firmware to keep tech support happy to v2.1.0.6 firmware but doubt that will help.

Angelo

Thanks

Dear Sir,

If RAID dmaged or degarded the warning LED & beep would disappera after a reboot, perhaps after a reboot make arning off, also due to log is saving on the RAID, thus the log message would disapperar if RAID system damaged.
    Here we would recommend install this 2 HDD onto PC to verify the HDD helath status, but be ware of don't change any HDD infromation, if the HDD is helath jand ust N2100 MB damged, we would have chance to get the data back.

Yvon.

Thanks

Hi Ivon

After much troubleshooting I could not access the Raid-0 array it just kept coming up as N/A in status.

I had to eventually blow away both disks and recreated a mirror this time. I had a backup that morning - thankfully so I restored data from the backup on the new raid-1 mirror.

The two same disks have been working for a week now as a raid 1 mirror without any problems.

We had some storms about the time of the crash so I suspect this is what may have thrown one disk offline as it all seems to working ok now after recreating a mirror this time.

Anyhow all ok for now

thanks

Angelo

Thread Information