Thread: N3200 Download Manager Issues

Thanks

Question N3200 Download Manager Issues

Hi all,

Just have a couple of questions about the Download Manager for the N3200 that I am hoping someone on here might have an answer for. I have posed the questions to Thecus support but am not expecting a quick reply due to Holiday season.

1. I am having problems getting the download scheduler to work. Is there any know issues with it. If I enable it, it does not have any effect. I assume I simply enable it...Start the downloads and it takes it from there?

2. Are the BT max upload bandwidth settings in KBytes or KBits per sec? if they are in KBytes per second is there any way to limit this to an even smaller amount (Manual editing of config file etc?) as I am on a ADSL connection with a Max upload of 384KBits\s per second (yes Australia is slow compared to the rest of the world) and so the 32KBytes setting will max out my connection and this is the smallest that is offered.

3. Does anyone know what ports need to be forwarded for the torrent client to work?

4. I have noticed that the transfer rate to the N3200 using small files (ie MP3's) is very slow 1.5MBps writing to the N3200 and 5.5 Reading from, compared to 18MBps or so with large files...I assume this is normal?. I am running Raid 1 with a Gigabit network without jumbo frams enabled.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Pepsifreak
    Last edited by Pepsifreak; 30-12-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks

Re: N3200 Download Manager Issues

Any ideas when Thecus might be back off holidays?

Thanks

Pepsifreak

Thanks

Daer Sir,

1. If we set the downlaod task at 18:30, and than the schedule must later than 18:30, as like 18:31 or 18:40.

2. The unit is KBytes.

3. The port range define between 6890 and 6999, but also would add from port 7000 if too much task added than defined.

4. The samll file must be slower usual, thus please verify this from single hugh file as like 100MB, 640MB or 1GB.

Yvon.

Thanks

Hi Yvon,

Thanks for the reply, over the last couple of days I have setup some large downloads and set them going.....with the download scheduler set to allow downloads for only 1 hour a day....The downloads do not stop and start at the times as set by the scheduler they continue throughout the 24 hours....Tried this with HTTP and BT with the same effect. The scheduler has no effect.

Is there any way to manually edit the maximum upload speed to say 5KB/s or to 32Kbits as just one BT file will nearly max out my upload bandwidth.....with 2 or more going even browsing the net is very slow.

Thankyou for the other information.

Regards

Pepsifreak

Thanks

Dear Sir,

After analysis in some differnce confiuraiton and foudn the schedule wont' be working in some case, thus if we will new relase firmware to fix this issue, please access to http://www.thecus.com/dl.php download the firmware to update.

Yvon.

Thanks

Hi Yvon,

Thankyou very much for getting back to us on this issue. Overall I am very happy with this unit. It will be better once the DL scheduler is working

Is there any way to manually edit the upload speed limit on the torrents as posted earlier in this thread?

"Are the BT max upload bandwidth settings in KBytes or KBits per sec? if they are in KBytes per second is there any way to limit this to an even smaller amount (Manual editing of config file etc?) as I am on a ADSL connection with a Max upload of 384KBits\s per second (yes Australia is slow compared to the rest of the world) and so the 32KBytes setting will max out my connection and this is the smallest that is offered. "

Regards

Graeme Jennings

Thanks

Dear Sir,

About the need more select for user to choose the unit between KBytes & KBits, we will forward your request to our related engineers, and trying to add this with new verison firmware too.

Yvon.

JustinKGD

Hi,

The download scheduler on my N3200 with the current firmware version (v1.00.03) has no effect when activated. I've tested it over several days with various schedules. Nothing happens. It appears not to be fixed as suggested earlier in this thread.

Cheers
    Justin

Thread Information