Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N299 download manager

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: N299 download manager

ah ok...thanks for the clarification...the factory default just clears everything, including incumbent RAIDs...good to know...

Registered+
    Thanks

Yes as I wrote

Thanks

I experienced the same problem with my N299 firmware 1.00.34 (beta), but was able get the unit going, again. This is a how-to:

1. Use your browser to log in your N299 with admin privilegs and go to System/Config Mgmt and press "Download" to save all your setting.
    2. Invoke System/Factory Default and press "Okay". It takes a while to restore all defaults, so be patient and DO NOT FORCEFULLY POWER OFF THE UNIT!
    3. After rebooting the N299, connect your computer directly to the N299's WAN interface port, set your computer's network interface to a fixed IP address like 192.168.2.xx (e.g. 192.168.2.1), subnet 255.255.255.0, standard gateway 192.168.2.254. Write down the initial settings or make a screenshot of the settings dialog, so that your are able to restore the setting after your N299 is revived.
    4. Use the browser of your choice to login to http: //192.168.2.254 , which is the IP of your N299 at this time. Log in as user "admin" with password "admin" and go to System/Config Mgmt, press "Browse" and select the configuration file saved in step 1. Click "Upload" to restore the settings. Another reboot of the N299 is required to complete this part of the procedure.
    5. While the N299 is rebooting, you can savely disconnect your computer and reattach the N299 to your network and restore the initial settings of your computer's network interface (see step 3).
    6. Now that all settings are recovered, you can login to your N299 in the usual way. If you had BT download tasks running in your N299's Download Manager, you DON'T need to erase the partially downloaded files! Just add the same torrent files as new task to the now empty list, start the tasks and after some checking (which may take a few minutes depending on the BT's file size) the N299 is able to resume the download without losing any previously downloaded data.

That way I only lost some time, but no data nor any setting. Mind, there is a small risk that this procedure, for whatever reason, may not work with your N299 or any firmware other than 1.00.34.

@Thecus - Ivon: I really appreciate your support in this forum! But the firmware of the N299 ought to be much more reliable, by now. It is a really nasty bug, if a download link like
    Code:
    http: //aaaa-aaaaa.bbb-bbbbbbbb.ccccccc.net/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=65&func=startdown&id=10&lang=en
    can cause the download manager to go totally haywire.

Regards,

Tiger

p.s. The blank between "http:" and "//..." in links is intentionally, because I don't have the right to post links in this forum, yet.

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: N299 download manager

Thanks, Tiger

I had the same problem with BT manager, and solved it painless with your instructions.
    Why Thecus staff didn't engage you?

Regards,
    cordis

Thanks

ReHi cordis,

I' m glad I could help.

It seems the people at Thecus are currently busy dealing with more important tasks than customer's support or developing new firmware, that for once is not a "beta" version.

Because Thecus doesn't keep their promises, I wouldn't buy another, even more expensive Thecus product. And reading other people's messages in this board, I come to think, that this isn't just my personal opinion.

Let's go NEC,

Tiger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information