Thread: Error in ACL htmlpage, N5200

Thanks

Error in ACL htmlpage, N5200

I have a N5200 as a member of a Microsoft AD Domain. Everything works fine at first.

I can add Private Folders and assign Domain User Rights to the Private FOlders via the ACL button. However, after applying the user rights, all entries are gone. When I try to acces the folder it seems that the User Rights have been applied, but I cannot see and change them anymore afterwards. After some tests it look like this only happens when I add Domain Groups to a Read or Write permission.

I currently run the 2.0.0.4 firmware (but 2.0.0.1 and 1.0.0.1 did the same).

Does anyone else have this problem?
    I mailed it to Thecus a month ago and still haven't received a reply, so I'm trying the forum..

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Error in ACL htmlpage, N5200

Restating to see if I follow....in the ACL screen you select an AD group, and click the READ or WRITE button and observe the group added to the list, but when you "apply" the group disappears from the list?

This is working well for me on 2.00.01 firmware. The group/user should definately be visible next time you go into the ACL screen.

Some ideas for you...make sure you are not getting Kerberos errors in the Windows Domain controller event log (assuming you are on Windows 2000 or later). These can be caused by errors when the Thecus joined the domain or incorrect time (Kerberos requires less than 5 minute difference in times to generate a kerberos access ticket). Also, verify you created a computer account for the Thecus in "users and computers". But I don't think you would have been able to join the domain if this step was omitted.

If one of these isn't the problem, the only thing I know to recommend is to delete the Thecus computer account from "users and computers", recreate it, and rejoin the domain. This would unfortunately require you to reset all the ACL's on your folders though, so beware if this is a great deal of effort to redo.

Mickey

Thanks

Hi,

I had similar kind of problem and I solved it by adding the Thecus unit to domain again (as Mickey suggested earlier)

Regards, ยจ

Kari

Thanks

When I view the source of the ACL-htmlpage(right mouse button -> view source) I see the problem: There is a linebreak after the AD-group which breaks up the HTML-code. Can I edit these pages directly via SSH or something?
    For AD-users it all works perfectly so I do not think it changes the situation to add the Thecus to the Domain again. (And it was a though job to convince our IT-department to allow the Thecus on the network so I don't want to bother them to much with adding and deleting AD-computeraccounts )

Registered+
    Thanks

.. breaking up HTML tags will not do any harm. At a first glance I do not see any issues with the page code (except that is not valid HTML x.x at all - but that is another story). So If you see something like (example only):
    <a
    href="...."
    >
    Text
    </a>
    it will be the same as writing
    <a href="....">Text</a>

Could you post the part of code you suspect to cause the issues ?

/Falk

Thanks

Viewing the source of FW2.0.0.4, it looks like html for ACL-page is changed.
    So the linebreak-error applies only for the 2.0.0.1 FW. In 2.0.0.1 I got a Javascript error as well, now it just does not show the accounts i've added.

The following screendump shows that After first use (I set an AD-groupaccount for "Writable" or "Readonly" and press Apply (The first time I open ACL-page for a folder everything works perfectly!) that:

-no assigned (write/read) accounts are visible (Although they are set, i've tested that).
    -I can search the AD: It finds my own AD useraccount
    -When I press "Writable" or "Readonly" I cannot see if the account is added
    -I cannot remove already set accounts
    -I cannot browse AD-accounts on the left

It seems I must post some more before I am allowed to post URLs, so the screendump can be found here: img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aclscreenlc3.png

Thread Information