Thread: AD problems with N4100+

Thanks

AD problems with N4100+

Hi,

I was watching a video from my N4100+ storage when everything went quiet and I was unable to ping or access my device.

I did a hard reset of the system and when it came back I was unable to access my folders as there is an AD issue. I've tried re-establishing the AD credentials but get the following error:

Join ADS domain successfully!
    SMB/CIFS internal error (fail over to local user mode only)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The firmware was 2.0.04 but I've upgraded to 2.00.05 during my attempts to work the problem through. I am in the process of adding a local user account ot the folders in an attempt to at least get some access back. This is taking a while which is hopefully a good sign that my data is still there.

Has anyone seen an issue like this before and do you know how I can re-establish the AD creds?

TIA

Thanks

Re: AD problems with N4100+

Dear Sir,

Following link for your refernce: Active Directory Service Support configuration example

Yvon.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately it was not helpful. I had already established the AD connection and been using it successfully for almost a year. For some reason it has stopped working and returned the internal error report. If you check my message carefully you will find that the message says I am joining the AD successfully and have proved this by removing the server from the AD and rejoining it. What I don't understand is why, after rejoining the server to the AD, the drives are not accessible and authentication is returned to local control. I have a number of Thecus products in customer sites and need to understand and resolve this in case it happens to one of their units. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Please provide the CONF.BIN and sumit a ticket from Thecus Technology Corp. - Thecus eSupport Center for us to analysis any possible issue from N4100+.

SYSTEM->CONFIG MGMT->DOWNLOAD

Thanks

Hello

I have the same problem with a Thecus N4100. It did work well till I did a firmware update (from 1.3.04 to 1.3.06). After that, I can't activate the AD-authentification any more. I get always this error:

Join ADS domain successfully!
    SMB/CIFS internal error (fail over to local user mode only)1

Is there anyone who can help me, how to fix this problem?

Thank you a lot!

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Please visit Active Directory Service Support configuration example or try reset to factory default to restore system configuration.

Thanks

Thank you for your reply

I did the settings like the description. And I can't do a reset to factory default because in the manual is described, that if I do that, all data on the disks are lost. There are many shared folders with personal data of each people. So I can't erase these... And it worked with this settings until I did the firmware update.

I saw on the domain controller, that an KDC-error appears when I activate the ad-authentification on thecus and apply... You find the error-message below (sorry, it's a German-language system - that's the reason too because my English is so bad....):

'***********
    Error-ID: 27
    Source: KDC

Während der Verarbeitung einer TGS-Anforderung für den Zielserver host/thecusn4100.corp.mik.ch verfügte das Konto THECUSN4100$@CORP.MIK.CH über keinen passenden Schlüssel zum Generieren eines Kerberos-Tickets (der fehlende Schlüssel hat die Kennung 8). Die angeforderten Verschlüsselungstypen waren 2. Die verfügbaren Verschlüsselungstypen waren 23 -133 -128 3 1.
    '***********

Could you help me, which settings I have to change?

Thanks a lot!

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Reset to factory won't erase data, all configurtation would back to default as like IP/USER ACCOUNT/ACL/SERVICE/AD, but data won't be erase, we could update to latest version firmware before doing restore to default process.

http://www.thecus.com/dl.php

Thanks

Thanks for your reply

The thing is, I did an update of the latest version firmware (1.3.06). Before I had version 1.3.04 - with this version, it worked fine. After the update to the latest version, I have the probs. The ACLs to the folders are per user (AD-user) and user-specific so I don't like the idea to redefine it.

Is there any possibility to define, where the error occurs and to fix it?

Thank you

Thanks

...and one problem more: until now, users had permission to write to their folder per AD-user-account. Now I don't have this users anymore in Thecus (because Thecus has this internal error). I tried to create a user manually on Thecus and give him write-rights to a folder. But from Windows-Explorer I have no chance to see the content of the folder. There always appears a window to put user/pw. There I can put the local on the Thecus created user or password or an other - it's always the same: the folder doesn't open and the window with user/pw appears again. So how can I get data that's in these folders?

Thank you.

=> Sorry, after a time I got the data. This problem is solved. But the other one (main problem) with the Active Directory is still not working :-(.
    Last edited by bone76; 10-07-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks

... I have not such a good feeling if i do a 'Reset to factory default' because this sentence is standing in the manual:

WARNING! Resetting to the factory default erases all data on the disks.

Ist this warning correct or not? I have a lot of folders that should not be erased....

Thank you

Thanks

Dear Sir,

Resetting to the factory default won't erases all, if possible would you please tell us which page with this sentence?

Thanks

But before I do one more change I make a backup of all data on the Thecus - that takes a while... so I hope I can do more tests on weekend.

The manual I have is a PDF-File-Version from 2005. There it's on page 41 ("Factory Default Screen").

Thanks

After resetting to factory defaults and reconfiguration, it seems to work .

Thank you for your help!

Greets

Thread Information