Thread: Access N5200 from different subnet

Thanks

Access N5200 from different subnet

Hi everyone,

I have installed a N5200 in my small unit of a large corporation and can access the device from
    within my unit's subnet without a problem. I have access to the corporate LAN via VPN, which
    puts me on a different subnet than that of my unit. This results in me not being able to access
    the N5200 through VPN (I cannot even ping it).

Since I cannot change the subnet of the corporate VPN or adjust my unit's subnet to match it, the
    problem to be solved is basically how I can make the N5200 be accessible from a different subnet
    than it is on. I don't necessarily mean administrating it from a different subnet (which would also
    be nice), but simply transferring files to/from a different subnet.

I would greatly appreciate any input!

Thanks,
    Terri

Thanks

Re: Access N5200 from different subnet

Dear Sir,

Following 2 suggestion for your reference:
    1. If this N5200 under a large corporation network, thus we would recommend consult with your MIS about the IP configuration for VPN access to N5200.
    2. If you could VPN to the PC in your subnet, please compare network configuration difference to each other.

Due to it is under a large corporation network, we would recommend consult wit your MIS about how VPN to the PC/N5200 in your subnet would be better.

Yvon.

Thanks

Dear Yvon,

Thank you for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,
    1. If this N5200 under a large corporation network, thus we would recommend consult with your MIS about the IP configuration for VPN access to N5200.
    For safety reasons, our corporation uses a different subnet for VPN access than local access. So there is nothing the network guys can/will do here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecus - Yvon View Post
    Dear Sir,
    2. If you could VPN to the PC in your subnet, please compare network configuration difference to each other.
    If I go buy the information provided in the N5200 GUI, there is no difference between the computer that I can reach through VPN and the N5200. Is there any more information that I need to check that would only be accessible through SSH?

Thanks,
    Terri

Thanks

Dear Sir,

It is related to networking configuration for each corperation difference, thus we would recommend consult with your networking administrator would be better.

Yvon.

Thread Information