Thread: FTPing to n5200bpro via FAR

Thanks

FTPing to n5200bpro via FAR

Anyone uses FAR to FTP to n5200bpro?

I can ftp there. I tried Win XP command line ftp and it seemed to be fine.

When I try using FAR instead of going to folder "File Server" I created it tries "/raid0/data/File Server" which fails ("can't switch to the directory /raid0/data/File Server").

I really like this file manager (FAR) it does so much including pretty convenient FTP client.

Please help.

Thanks

Re: FTPing to n5200bpro via FAR

Forgot to mention. It does show the list of folders first:
    "File Server" (I created this), "nsync", "usbcopy", "usbhdd"
    Meaning it does connects - it just tries to go to a wrong (seems to be) location when I try to geto to the folder I created ("File Server").
    Which I can do with no problem via Win XP command line ftp.

Thanks

I have checked FAR and there are 2 possibilities how it works.
    1) Connect with Your settings and then put in the following command in the command line "cd File Server" - and it will change to the File Server directory - then the interface can be used
    2) change Your settings to:
    "ftp://Username: Password@IP: port/File Server" - then You are immediate in the wanted Folder

The problem is, as You have already written, in the way FAR handles links.
    br
    Peter

Thanks

Thank you Peter.

I gues I was not thorough myself - both ways worked perfectly.
    What I beleive was and is throing me off is the following. That folder contains directories crated in it by copying them there as to samba shared resource. When I access this folder via FTP I can not see those folders.
    As a test a created there a folder and a file via FTP and I can see them and do whatever operations.
    I can also see this test folder I created via FTP when I access it as samba share.
    I beleive it is related to the access rights. Those folders were accessed and created via domain user authentication. I suspect that the folder I created via FTP was using my account I created on N5200. I did have though domain users also to be authenticated. I guess user of N5200 takes precidence over domain users. Well the possible confusion may be there: my n5200 account was the same (name and password) as the one for domain user.
    If I would not have user on N5200 but only domain users would ftp accept such authentication?
    Would you please confirm this or clarify.
    Than you again so much!

Thanks

Peter, I experimented with it. I removed the user of n5200. So all authentication done against domain server. Now I can access it as Samba share. I can access it via ftp the way you described. Strange results though related to a client (far being ftp client). I can create folders via far in fpt but I do not see them. I only see the folder created by n5200 user. I do see them though via samba accessed share. I tried again Win Xp command line client and I see all the folders just fine. So my conclusion is to use different client. Obviously far is not just performing… Well… sad but not the end of the world. Thank you for all your help!

Thanks

hmm, at least Your tests are a good information for other users.
    br
    Peter

Thread Information